Naked Thoughts

Title:  Alter-Eighteen:  Naked Thoughts
Author:  Terri
E-mail:  xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Disclaimer:  Not mine.  Darn.
Rating:  NC-17
Archive:  Ask, and I'll say yes.
Feedback:  Please?  With a cherry on top?  Good, bad, and ugly welcome..
Summary: Alternative version of events in the movie and the eighteen series.  Logan keeps tabs on Rogue and Rogue gets a whole lot of interesting things from Logan.
Comments:  This one just popped out.  It wasn't in the writing schedule.  And my brbf would like it noted that I've now had two stories with 'naked' in the title.  She seems to think this is some indication that my mind is in the gutter.  Me?  You've gotta be kidding.  I'm as pure as the trodden-um, driven, I mean driven-snow.

----------------------------------------------------------------



"Hey kid."

"Logan!  I'm so glad you called!  Where are you?  Are you in Canada yet?"

"Yeah.  Made a stop in Toronto.  Thought I'd call and check up on ya.  How're they treatin' you?"

"So far so good.  Uh, Jean's been a little weird, but everyone else is fine."

"Weird?"

"Yeah, she gets a little smirk on her face whenever she sees me.  Like she knows something but she's not telling."

"Ah-never mind that."

"Do you know what that's all about?"

"Kinda."

"Well?"

"Uh, you don't wanna know."

"OK.."

"Look, I'll call again soon.  You sit tight, all right?"

"Will you call again tomorrow?"

"I'll try, kid.  Take care of yourself.  I'll be back soon."







"Hey!  I'm so glad you called!"

"How're you doin'?"

"Good, fine.  Where are you now?"

"On my way to Edmonton.  Probably get there tomorrow."

"Is it still cold up there?"

"Yeah.  Snowin' right now, as a matter of fact."

"Oh, hey-before I forget again-Scott wanted me to ask you if his bike was OK."

"Heh."

"Logan"

"Tell him I didn't say nothin' when you asked."

"You shouldn't torture him like that.  He really loves that bike.  He's seriously upset."

"Kid, if I wanted to torture him, I'd say I wrecked it or somethin'.  I just wanna see him sweat a little."

"You're bad."

"You know me."

"Hey-Logan-do you think you'll come back, you know, when you're done looking?  Or do you think you might, um, stay out a while?"

"Tell Scooter he'll get his bike back eventually."

"No, no.  I was asking that for me.  I, uh, just wondered."

"I'll be back as soon as I'm done.  I said I'd be back, right?"

"Yeah, you did."

"Everything OK there, kid?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"Nothing.  Nothing really.  I just, uh, I had a little bit of a bad day, that's all.  Nothing I want to bother you with."

"What happened?"

"I, uh, accidentally touched Jubilee-you know, my roomate?-and she, uh, was out for about six hours.  They're..well, they're going to move me into the room you stayed in, so I can be alone.  So no more accidents happen."

"Shit."

"No, it makes sense, really, it does, and Jubilee's not someone I want large doses of in my head, really."

"But you don't like it.  You'd rather have roomates."

"I guess what I like or don't isn't really the point.  They're right-I could've-I could've killed her, and it's just too dangerous for me to live with other people."

"All those kids got mutations,  a lotta kids got ones just as dangerous as yours.  You're no different."

"I kind of am, though.  I mean, yeah, there are kids with dangerous mutations, but they can control them, I can't.  That makes me different."

"Nuh-uh.  Look at Scooter.  He can't control it."

"But it's easy to fix-he can wear the glasses, and it's fine.  I'm not-it's different with me.  I'm-I've got a worse mutation.  More dangerous to other people.  I'm-it's just different.  There's no one else like me here."

"Look, kid."

"It's fine, Logan, it's not really a big deal."

"I'll be in Edmonton tomorrow.  I'll call you from there."

"It's really fine.  It's just a small thing."

"Yeah.  I gotta go.  I'll call you tomorrow.  You sit tight there, OK?"

"OK."

"Talk to you tomorrow."

"Bye."







"Where's Rogue?"

"Uh, who the heck are you?"

"It's Logan.  Put Rogue on."

"Uh, I can't do that at the moment, dude."

"Why not?"

"Uh.."

"Stop sayin' that.  I asked you a question.  Why not?"

"There was a little, um, fight.  She's, uh, in the medlab right now and they're trying to save her life."

"Jesus!"

"Uh, yeah, so I gotta-"

"What the fuck happened?"

"Whoa, language, dude!"

"My fuckin' language is gonna get a helluva lot worse if you don't tell me what happened right fuckin' now!"

"That big hairy guy-you know, the one that's not you-he snuck in to the mansion at night and tried to grab her.  She, uh, couldn't really fight him off too well.  He's, you know, big and strong and evil.  And for some reason, she wouldn't just touch him and kill him, so he beat the crap outta her.  She's got a lotta internal bleeding."

"Put the call through down there."

"Dude, they're kinda busy with-"

"Do it!"



"Jeannie?"

"Busy now, Logan."

"What's goin' on?  Is she hurt bad?"

"Just one major injury to her side-punctured lung.  We're prepping for surgery now, so I have to go."

"Is she gonna be OK?"

"I don't know."

"Whaddya mean?"

"I have to go, Logan."






"Xavier's."

"Who's this?"

"It's Scott, Logan."

"How is she?"

"The same as when you called last."

"What, she's still not awake?"

"No."

"Shit."

"Look, I have to go.  I have a class."

"How could you let this fuckin' happen?  I left her there for two days and I got the old man's word that he'd look after her and this shit-"

"Logan, I have to go.  I have a class.  Call again later."





"Hello?"

"Jeannie?"

"How is she?"

"Better.  She's awake and oriented.  That's a good sign."

""

"Logan?"

"Is she gonna be OK?"

"I think so, yes.  We were a little worried when she stayed unconscious for so long, but she seems to be recovering nicely now."

"Seems to be?"

"Yes.  We'll know more in a few hours."

"Look, I'll call again.  I'll be there by tomorrow."

"All right, and Logan, try not to worry too much.  She's doing all right."

"Bye."







"Hey, kid."

"Logan?"

"Yeah."

"Am I having some kind of weird dream?"

"Uh, no.  I don't think so."

"Aren't you in Canada?"

"Not no more."

"What happened?"

"Shit, Marie-don't you remember what happened?  You got attacked by Sabretooth and-"

"No, no, I mean what happened-you came back."

"You got hurt."

"Um."

"I came back to make sure you were OK.  I promised to take care of ya.  Do you think I forgot about that already?"

"No, but, um, you were on an important-"

"Whatever.  Look, how do you feel?"

"My chest hurts.  And my head feels weird, but I think that's the pain medication."

"OK, look, I'm gonna touch you and fix it, so-"

"No!  No way, Logan.  That's like-that's for life and death situations, and I'll be fine.  I'll heal on my own eventually.  I'll live.  I don't want you to get hurt."

"All right, listen to me for a second.  I'm gonna touch you and fix it.  This isn't a talk we're gonna have, that's what I'm gonna do.  'Cause you're hurtin' and I can fix it, so I'm gonna.  There's not a talk about it, Marie."

"But-"

"You ready?"

"Logan, wait.  You don't have to do this.  You could-"

"Didn't I say there was no talk about this?  Are you ready?"

"Are you *sure*?"

"Yeah, kid."

"Then get a chair 'cause you'll fall over and make a big thud when you go under."

"Ohyeah.  There we go.  All set.  You ready?"

"If you're-"

"I'm sure.  Just relax, kid.  We've done this before.  Just relax.."

"Thank you, Logan."






"What could you have possibly been thinking?!"

"Well, that I could make her all better in a hurry.  I'd think that'd be obvious even to you."

"Don't you understand how her mutation works, Logan?"

"Sure I do.  Whaddya think, I'm stupid?"

"You're either stupid or mean, so why don't you tell me which it is?"

"What're you talkin' about, Scooter?"

"There's more of you in her head now, more of you to deal with.  Didn't you think about that at all before you touched her?  If it was as simple as trading some healing for her for some time spent unconscious for you, don't you think we would've asked you to come back?  But now, she's got to assimilate more of you, while she's still juggling everyone that's up there already."

"Oh, shit."

"I guess it's stupid, then."

"Fuck off."






"Marie?  You in here?"

"Um, in the bathroom.  Out in a second."

"How's your head?"

"What?"

"Your head, how is it?"

"Well, the pain medication's wearing off and-"

"No, I mean, um, the people in your head.  How's that goin'?"

"Uh, Logan, you look awful.  Are you all right?  Did I hurt you worse than usual or something?"

"No, no.  I'm fine.  I, uh, just should say I'm sorry.  'Cause I didn't think about the head thing before I touched you.  There's probably more me in there, huh?"

"Yeah, but it's fine.  I'm used to you.  And by the way-you should've told me what Jean said.  I can't believe she said that!  And who says 'taken with'?  People said that, like back in the twenties."

"Marie-"

"But at least it explains why she's been giving me the look for the past week since you left.  Geez, you'd think that-"

"Marie, your head?"

"It's fine."

"It ain't.  That's why you were sayin' no before, down in the lab.  You didn't wanna do it 'cause of the head thing."

"No, that wasn't it at all.  I didn't want to take that risk when I knew I'd be OK later, you know?  It's not-what if I really hurt you?"

"Aw, kid, that's not gonna happen."

"You don't know that, Logan, nobody knows how it works, not even me.  It's a risk."

"It's a risk I'm OK with takin'.  But your head, that stuff-I know it's gotta be hard with what you got from me."

"No.  You're the easiest.  You don't-you just hang out up there.  You're fine.  Except, you know, those times when I want to grab Jean's boobs, or smack Scott, but I'm learning to live with it."

"I'm sorry.  I shoulda thought first."

"It's fine.  I-I owe you another one for that.  I'm really grateful you did it.  I feel a lot better."

"And the head thing is OK?"

"Just fine.  But, uh, can I ask a favor?"

"Sure, kid."

"I got some thoughts about me from you-they're a little weird."

"Uh.."

"I'm naked in some of them."

"Uh.."

"Naked and, um, doing stuff with you."

"I, uh, don't really.."

"Stuff that looks *interesting*, but, you know, a little, um, *advanced* for how our relationship is at this stage."

"Sorry."

"It's no problem.  I have naked thoughts about you too.  Mine aren't as, uh, elaborate, but they're still naked."

"Uh-huh."

"Anyway-I just wondered if you could, you know, say something about that.  About where those naked thoughts are, uh, coming from or headed or something.  Or what you're thinking about doing with them."

"Well, I'm gonna stop thinkin' them right now."

"Really?"

"Yeah, 'cause, uh, for the next little while at least, you're gonna be in pretty close quarters with me."

"I am?"

"Yeah.  We're-well, we're headin' back up to Canada, if you're feelin' up to it, first thing in the morning, and it's gonna be a long drive, so I don't think it's a good idea to.."

"Be thinking the naked thoughts?"

"Yeah."

"Because you don't want to act on the naked thoughts?"

"Um, not right now.  You're, uh, gonna just still be 'kid' for a while, OK?"

"That's not what you call me when you-"

"Marie!"

"Well, they're your thoughts."

"I know that, but-"

"And it's not like I would be opposed to doing some of the naked things.  I mean, I'm not sure I'm as *flexible* as your subconscious seems to think I am, but I'm willing to give most of them a try."

"You're not an adult, Marie."

"Yes I am."

"I mean legally.  Legally, you're not-"

"My eighteenth birthday was the same day they kidnapped me, the same day you rescued me, the same day you saved my life."

".."

"You're thinking some of those naked thoughts right now, aren't you?  I should probably tell you that my boobs aren't really quite that big.  You're enhancing a little in-"

"Marie!  Stop that.  Don't-I don't wanna hear about your boobs."

"What would you like to hear about?"

"I'd like to hear that you're feelin' OK enough to get goin' tomorrow mornin'.  I'd like to hear that we're gonna table the naked discussion for a while.  I'd like a little time to adjust, kid."

"Adjust to what?"

"The legally an adult thing.  I thought that was, like, another year off or somethin'."

"Nope."

"Yeah." 

"OK, then.  I feel well enough to go first thing in the morning.  I don't think we necessarily should table the naked discussion, but I will for now.  And, um, take all the time you need to adjust.  If I'm going with you, I don't mind."

"OK."

"But, Logan, I just have to ask one thing."

"Yeah?"

"In river rapids?  Wouldn't that be cold?  And we could drown."

"I, uh, like the outdoors."







"What're you thinkin' 'bout so much over there?  You haven't said hardly anythin' for a hundred kilometers."

"Oh, just stuff.."

"Don't give me that look.  I said I don't wanna talk about it."

"You asked."

"Don't you ever think 'bout anythin' but me naked?"

"Sure I do."

"Well, let's talk about some of those things, all right?"

"OK, I was thinking that the Professor looked like he was about to blow an important blood vessel when you told him about us going to Canada.  I was thinking how Scott was so happy to have his bike back and you away from Jean.  I was thinking-"

"I have naked thoughts about Jean.  I know you got 'em.  I can't help it, kid."

"I know.  It's OK.  I have naked thoughts about Scott."

"What?!"

"You heard me, you've got super-sensitive hearing."

"Scooter?!"

"Sometimes both of you at once."

"Marie!"

"Oh, come on, do you think I didn't notice that one with both me and Jean?  Thanks for letting me be the one to, uh, you know, get the most attention, by the way."

"Shit."

"And I can tell you right now, enjoy that thought, because it's never going to happen in real life.  Never."

"Aren't you embarrassed to talk about that shit?"

"Why should I be?"

"'Cause you're a nice girl."

"Nice girls have sexual thoughts too, Logan."

"But only 'bout the guy they're in love with or whatever."

"Oh no, that's not true."

"Whaddya mean?"

"Don't you think Jean fantasizes about you?  And Storm?  I mean, just because they're in love with other people doesn't mean they don't have, you know, thoughts."

"Are you saying you seriously have sexual thoughts about people who ain't me?"

"Yes."

"Well, stop it!"

"I can't.  Can you stop thinking about a naked Jean?  Hmm?"

"That's different."

"Oh, please."

"It is.  I'm an asshole, Marie.  I'm supposedta be thinkin' those things about most women I meet, all right?  You're not.  You thinkin' those things-it means somethin'."

"It means I have eyes, Logan.  Scott's a hottie."

"Stop sayin' things like that!"

"I don't love him.  You don't love Jean."

"No."

"You have naked thoughts about me and you love me."

"That's different.  Those naked thoughts come with other things too, and it's just.it's different."

"Well, you're the only one I have happy naked thoughts about, you know-more smiley and fun and less 'grrr' and 'do it like that, baby'."

"Exactly.  And-wait-you don't think those thoughts about Scooter, do ya?  The fun naked ones?"

"Just you."

"Good, then.  Good."

"I know I'm the only one you think about differently too."

"That's right."

"I like the one where you're kissing me in a big open field at night."

"Yeah, that one's-hey, wait, I thought we said we weren't gonna talk about the naked thoughts."

"I have clothes on in that one.  I never knew you liked me in green so much."

"Goes with your eyes."

"Ah."

"Tell me a happy one you think 'bout me."

"I thought you wanted to stop talking about this."

"It's not fair that you get all of mine, and I don't know yours.  Just tell me one."

"I have this one-actually, it's my favorite-where I tickle you."

"Tickling, huh?"

"Mmm-hmm.  We're in bed, just waking up, and I'm so happy about the night before that I decide to tickle you.  You like it.  You think it's cute."

"I've never been tickled."

"Want to try it?"

"Maybe."

"We could try the kissing one too, if you want.  You know, with a scarf or something to protect you."

"I noticed you packed a lotta scarves."

"Uh-huh."

"More scarves than clothes, almost."

"Yep."

"Got plans, do ya?"

"Maybe."

"Gonna let me in on 'em?"

"Sure.  They involve kissing, mostly."

"You'd like to do that, then?"

"Yes, I would.  Would you?"

"Uh."

"Not quite adjusted yet?"

"Not quite."

"OK.  I'm not going anywhere."

"Good."







"Do you want a back rub?"

"Uh"

"You just looked like you might want one."

"Well, OK."

"Lie down.  I'll change gloves.  These aren't too soft on the skin."

"OK."

"I'm with you on this one.  I like giving back rubs."

"Saw that one too, huh?"

"It was a nice one."

"You ended up doin' a little more than givin' me a back rub, kid."

"Yeah, but I'm not going to do any of that other stuff now."

"No?"

"No."

"Don't wanna?"

"Oh, sure, I want to.  But I bet you'll like this-just this-pretty much."

"Good so far."

"I like this motel."

"It's godawful."

"It's colorful."

"What?  You mean the puke stains on the carpet?"

"No, I mean the locale, the people.  It's different being here than seeing it in my head through you."

"Is it weird for you, the head thing?"

"Just a little confusing sometimes.  The first time I got you, I was surprised how strong your feelings for me were-how much you wanted to look after me, make sure I was OK.  The second time, it was a little different.  You wanted *me*.  Not like the naked thoughts, but you know, you wanted the actual me, and there was all this stuff about me belonging to you.  Then the third time, there were all of those naked thoughts and a lot ofjust a lot of emotion.  It was surprising.  A lot different over just a few days."

"Yeah.  It's surprisin' for me too."

"I love you back like that, you know.  It's not-I know what I'm doing, it's not a crush or something."

"How can you be sure?"

"Just am.  Plus, well, I know you pretty well.  It's not like screaming over a rock star - just projecting what you want him to be like onto a pretty face."

"Still.."

"There's also-well, there's also the tingling."

"Tingling?"

"It's a sure sign."

"Tingling?"

"Yeah.  I get tingly all over when I'm really close to you.  Never happened before.  But it means something, I know it.  Erik-Magneto-he felt the same thing for Charles and that was love, real love."

"Who's Charles?"

"You know, the Professor."

"He's gay?"

"Bi, I think.  Erik knew he had girlfriends before him."

"Whoa."

"Does that bother you?"

"A little, yeah."

"Because of-"

"Because the idea of them together is weird.  They're on opposite sides now."

"They didn't start out that way."

"Weirdso.tingly?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"You feel like that now?"

"Yeah.  Why?"

"'Cause I'm thinkin' 'bout rollin' over and kissin' you.  Just once.  On the cheek."

"I'm in favor of that."

"C'mere.  Gimme the scarf."

"Mmmm."

"Nice?"

"Very."

"Feel tingly?"

"And floaty."

"That's good, right?"

"Yep."

"Hey, kid, I, uh, I like you."

"You love me."

"I can't really.."

"Say that.  I know."

"It's OK?"

"Yeah."

"Do you-"

"Love you? Yeah.  And look, I can say it too."

"Kid."

"I was joking with you, Logan.  It's OK."

"Other cheek?"

"Love to."






"Hey, kid?"

"Yeah?"

"What else should I, uh, call you?"

"Anything you like.  Kid's OK too.  That's what Bogie called Bacall, right?  And the woman in Casablanca, Ingrid Bergman.  And-"

"I'd prefer somethin' else."

"You're uncomfortable with how much younger I am."

"Yeah."

"Don't be.  I mean-if you averaged the age of the people in my head plus me, I'd be old, really old.  Too old for you, even."

"That's only 'cause you'd be addin' my age in there."

"Magneto's old."

"He bother you?  You know, up there?"

"You usually make him hide.  You don't like him too much, and there's nothing he can do to you up there."

"Heh.  Good."

"What about 'baby'?"

"I dunno.."

"It's what you call me when we have sex in your thoughts.  And when we're just kissing or talking or something.  It's in thoughts other than the naked thoughts."

"Yeah, OK."

"OK, what?"

"OK, baby."

"Yeah, I like that too."

"What're you gonna call me?"

"Oh, I don't know.  How about pookie-pie?"

".."

"I'm kidding, Logan.  You look like you just swallowed your tongue."

"Well, I dunno what you call me when we do it in your head."

"And you thought it might possibly be 'pookie-pie'?"

"Uh."

"I usually just say 'Logan'.  Well, that, and, you know, 'please' or 'more'."

"I like to hear my name off your lips."

"."

"You're thinkin' naked thoughts right now, aren't ya?"

"Oh, yeah."







"Are you sure?  I mean, it's your past and everything.  It's important to you, I know."

"Well, you should also know that it freaked me out pretty good that I was out lookin' for some stupid past when you needed me.  No more of that."

"Whatever's back there, it doesn't change who you are now."

"Maybe."

"So..how long have you had this cabin?"

"'Bout four years.  It's pretty remote.  No runnin' water.  But it's pretty.  It'll be nice to stay there-see spring come over the mountains."

"Hmm."

"What?"

"Is this the one where you picture me laid out on a bearskin rug-freshly killed-and in front of a fireplace."

"Uh, yeah.  That's the cabin.  Except, no rug."

"I like that one."

"Yeah?"

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

"That one was, um, a little rough around the edges."

"What part?"

"You know, in the beginnin', where I kinda just drag you in and rip your clothes off."

"Fine by me.  Just-not my favorite pair of jeans, OK?"

"Marie.."

"What?  You didn't do anything weird."

"I was kinda in a hurry.  Didn't really-I just got what I wanted outta that.  There're other ones where I'm, uh, payin' more attention to you and real sweet and gentle and shit."

"I like those too, a lot, but there's nothing wrong with a little 'grrr'."

"It should be nice for you, all the time."

"I'm pretty sure that as long as it's with you, it will be."

"Marie, you're-you're not just some, you know, woman.  You're.you know what I mean."

"Actually, I'm not real sure."

"You're, you know, special or whatever."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah.  So no haulin' you through the woods and rippin' off your clothes."

"It'd be OK if you did.  You know, just in case you change your mind on that one.  I have 'grrr' ones too, you know."

"Oh, baby, what you're probably thinkin' is a little on that side of things is just-"

"You and me, in your truck, when we first met.  No words, no talking.  You just look over at me, stop the car, and put one hand on my knee.  I know what you want and I want it too.  Right there in the front seat, with my feet up in the air, kicking against the ceiling, with the whole truck shaking.  It's hard and fast and passionate and doesn't have anything to do with sweet."

"Baby"

"It's knowing, Logan.  It's knowing that there's love and sweet and gentle there too that makes it good.  It's knowing you want me in ways that have nothing to do with those things, nothing at all, that makes it hot."

"I'm gonna..I'm gonna just pull over a second.  Right now."

"Do you want-"

"I wanna do somethin'.  Just-hang on a second.  There."

"Logan?"

"Are those your favorite jeans?"

"N-no."

"I can smell you.  I wanna taste you.  I wanna make you scream my name."

"Oh.."

"Lean back against the window.  I-I got this one in my head.  Can you-can you find it?  Can you see it?"

"Oh, yesit's-be careful, Logan, that's-"

"Shh."









"I feel very floaty right now.  Tired, exhausted, but floaty.  Very floaty."

"You ever had one of those before?"

"An orgasm?"

"Yeah."

"Not like that one."

"But you, uh, have had one?"

"Mmm-hmmm."

"Not with-"

"By myself."

"Can I-can I watch you do that sometime?  Would you think that was weird?"

"No.  I'd be-well, I might turn completely red and die of embarrassment, but it wouldn't really be weird."

"Well, we don't hafta do it now.  Or, you know, soon, if you're not comfortable with it."

"It's-well I guess it would be fair, because I have those thoughts from you.  You know, memories of you doing that.  I, um, liked to see those."

"Do you want to watch me now?"

"I want..I'd rather help you.  I'll be careful of my skin.  If you'd like-if you'd-"

"Yeah.  Yeah.  Like this.  Let me-let me guide your hands a little.  Like this."

"Logan."

"Oh, yeah.  Just like that."

"Logan"

"God, Marie, that's just right, that's just right."

"I want to please you so much."

"Keep-keep talkin'."

"Your hands felt so good on my body, they made me so crazy for you."

"Yeah, baby"

"I love the way you touched me, I want more, I want you all the time."

"Mmph!"

"Just the littlest touch makes me want you."

"M-marie!"

"Go ahead, baby, let go.  You feel so good, so good.  I love touching you like this, making you lose control."

"Unnh!"

"Logan, yes, that's it.  That's it."

"AAAHHH!"

"Oh, sugar"

"Don't-don't take your hand away.  Not yet.  Just"

"I've got you."

"Oh, baby.."

"I love you, Logan."

"Mmmm"

"This'll be a new one."

"What?"

"This one's going to stick, isn't it?  This'll be a new naked thought."

"Definitely."







"It's nice.  It's cozy."

"Yeah, well, it's ours."

"Ours?"

"Uh-huh."

"I'm part cabin owner now?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks.  That'sthat's sweet."

"Hey-it's all-what I got, you got now.  It ain't much, but that's how it is now."

"I-thank you.  I don't have anything..I wish"

"Are you cryin'?"

"Yeah, a little.  That's just-that's just so beautiful and I didn't see it coming at all."

"C'mere baby, it's OK.  I said I'd take care of ya, kid, what'd you think I meant when I said that?  Shit, I even promised."

"I thought you meant you'd protect me and look out for me.  You know, if bad things happened."

"I meant that, but I meant givin' you whatever you need, whatever I got.  I meant that too."

"That's amazing."

"Well, so're you..Do you-do you remember the one from the cabin where I'm kissing you?"

"Yeah."

"How does that one go?"

"We're standing in the doorway and-oh!"

"And I pull you close to me and tell you that you're the best thing that ever happened to me and that you're the only person I give a shit about and that if you ever leave me, I don't know what I'd do."

"Yes."

"And you understand what I mean even if the words are all wrong and you look at me soft-just like you are now, baby-and you say "

"I say I love you and you saved me and I'll never, ever leave you so you don't have anything to worry about."

"No matter what.  No matter-"

" - what comes, no matter what's in your past, no matter what."

"And then you-yes, that's right, baby."

"And I keep on running my hands over your chest until you take my face in your hands and-mmmmm."

"Kiss you.  Just like that."

"That's where it ends, though.  That's where that one ends."

"That's not where this ends, baby.  Not by a long shot."

 

Back To The Index   Back To The Archives