Spare Change:  Bobby's Two Cents
Title: Spare Change - Bobby’s Two Cents
Author: Terri
E-Mail: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG-13, ConfusedBobby
Disclaimer: I don’t own them. Rats.
Archive: Dolphin Haven, Peep Hut, Agony and Ecstasy - anyone else, please ask ;)
Feedback: Please? With a rest from the peeps on top? Good, bad, and ugly welcome…….
Summary: AU.  Bobby has a problem.  Well, several more than he realizes, but that’s a story for another fic.  Notes.  Plans.  Technological idiocy.
Comments: When my BobbyMuse realizes what I’ve done to him, I jut hopes he remembers that I made him well-endowed ;)

---------------------------------------------------------



Four little words.  Four little simple words. 

Don’t tell anyone.  Please.

That’s all she left me with, a note, ending in those four words.  Don’t tell anyone she left.  Don’t tell anyone about her losing her powers.  Maybe she even meant don’t tell anyone about the night we spent together.  One night of mind-blowing sex and the best night in my whole life, and all I have left of her is a note. 

Well, no time to brood, Bobby.  It’s time to think.  I can’t tell - no, she’d hate me for that.  I can’t tell, so I’m going to have to find her myself.  I’m going to have to track her down, which will be a feat since the Professor can’t even find her with Cerebro, and I’m going to have to convince her to come back myself.  If I tell her that it’s OK, that we still want her around, that - that I love her, then maybe……..

Maybe I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.  First, I have to find her.  I hope to God that the Brotherhood hasn’t gotten their hands on her.  If that asshole Wolverine even lays so much as a *finger* on her, I’ll put him in a block of ice so thick that he’ll never get out.  He can suffocate and die there.  God, he’d better not hurt her.  I don’t know what I’d do if -

No, no - don’t think about that.  Don’t go off on a tangent.  She’s probably OK.  They probably don’t know she’s not here either.  If they had her, they’d send us a ransom note or something.  We’d know.  But there’s been nothing, so she’s probably just fine.  I just have to think of a way to find her.……

OK - Cerebro is out, so how else would you track someone down?  It’s not like she’ll be using credit cards or anything that would leave a paper trail.  She could be anywhere, but she hasn’t gotten too far yet - she can’t have.  She only had twenty-two dollars in her piggy bank, and I doubt that that’s enough even for a bus ticket to anywhere real far.  Bus station - yeah, gotta check there just in case.  Make a mental note of that - check bus station.  I probably should check the train station too, just in case.  Can’t hurt. 

But if she hasn’t been to either of those places or if no one remembers her, then what?  What do I have to work with then?  Think, Bobby, think.  What would Scott do?  He’d come up with a plan, that’s what he’d do.  He’d come up with a brilliant plan.  And I have no idea what that plan might be, which is probably why he’s team leader and I’m still stuck on the junior team except for special missions.  Damn………

OK - wait.  I’ve got it.  Her DNA.  No, we can’t use Cerebro, but that new thingie that the Professor is working on - tracking mutagenic DNA strands to help police identify and locate mutant criminals - that might work.  I’ve got the clothes she was wearing last night.  And if I can *not* focus on how incredibly sad it is that she couldn’t stand to wear them out of here, probably because she’d get too upset at leaving, then I can find a way to get Kitty to tell me how it works and sneak in and use it.  Yeah.  That’ll work.  No problem. 

Well, a few problems.  One, I’m a technological idiot.  Two, it’s still an experimental device, so it might not work.  Three - someone’s going to notice that she’s gone pretty soon, even if I do keep my mouth shut.  Then she’ll be mad at me if the team *does* find her.  She’ll think it’s my fault. 

So, I guess that means I’d better hurry.  Bus station, train station, Kitty.  That’s the plan.  And if all three fail me - well, then I’ll come up with another plan.  Because she’s the woman I love, you know, and I can’t just let her walk out of my life.

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives