Spare Change:  Kitty's Two Cents
Title: Spare Change - Kitty’s Two Cents
Author: Terri
E-Mail: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don’t own them. Fudge.
Archive: Dolphin Haven, Peep Hut, Agony and Ecstasy - anyone else, please ask ;)
Feedback: Please? With a rest from the peeps on top? Good, bad, and ugly welcome…….
Summary: AU.  Kitty has a problem, and it’s as big as she thinks.  Apologies.  Dilemmas.  Awkwardness.
Comments: More L/R bits next!

-------------------------------------------------


“Any luck?” 

Oh, God - Scott.  Oh my God, it’s Scott. 

“Um…..” 

“Kitty?” 

“Yeah, I, um - no.  No luck.  No luck of any kind.”  I think ‘no luck’ is actually kind of a modest assessment of the situation.  I’d go with something more like ‘complete disaster’ myself.  What else would you call uncovering Jean’s sex show, the unedited version?  Maybe ‘complete disaster’ is too charitable.  This is going to just crush him.  The things she does and says on that tape………

“That’s too bad.”

“Yeah, well…….”

“Look, Kitty, I’ve been meaning to thank you for, you know, being discreet about what happened between us.  I was……I was just a little thrown when I saw those things Jean was doing, but when I found out what he’d really done to her, I…..”

“I understand, Scott.”  I really do.  I know he’s in love with her, the stuff on this tape notwithstanding.  I’m not even sure he’d leave her if he did know the true story of what happened between her and Wolverine.  But what I don’t understand is why Magneto sent this tape with him, and until I can figure that one out, the official Kitty line is going to be that it hasn’t been cracked yet.  There’s got to be a reason he did it - an evil reason - and I don’t want to cause Scott any unnecessary pain if this is some forgery, some manipulation by that bastard.  I still have a few tests to run, after all.  It *could* be forged somehow, even if there aren’t any obvious signs of that.  Or any subtle ones. 

“I appreciate that.  Thanks.”  That look right there - little smile on those lush lips, just a small tilt of his head - that’s what made me fall for him in the first place, way back when.  And, just like him with Jean, I’m not sure that love will ever be shaken by anything he does or doesn’t do.  Even if one of the things he doesn’t do is love me back.  “If there’s anything I can do to help…..”

“No!  Um, I mean no - I’m just a little tense because I haven’t been able to crack it.”  Whew.  Good cover, Kittster.  “But I’ll get it eventually.”  And I’ll go to the Professor if it winds up being the real article.  He’ll know what to do.  He’ll know how to break it to Scott.  I can’t imagine me doing that. 

“I know you will.  You’re really talented and we’re - we’re lucky to have you.”  Whoa.  Touching - he touched my arm.  That’s the first time he touched me since - “I’ll see you around, then?”

“Sure.”  You sure will.  And I hope to God that you won’t have to see what’s on this disk anytime soon. 

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives