Night Out


Title: Night Out
Author:  Terri
E-mail:  xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating:  PG (swearing Logan)
Disclaimer: I don't own anyone.  I'm very egalitarian that way.
Archive:  It's too little.
Feedback:  Please?  Pretty please?
Summary:  Would be longer than the story itself.
Comments:  Answer to Victoria's challenge on unfitforsociety - character A tells character B that character C is injured, in 200-250 words.  I went a tad over that, but stayed under 300, so I don't know if it still counts.  I suck at challenges.......

--------------------------------------------------


"Logan?  Are you in?"

"Marie?!  Where the hell have you been?"

"Out with Jubes and the gang.  I know I'm a little late."

"Late?  It's two in the fuckin' a.m. I was just about to go out lookin' for ya.  You didn't call, dammit!"

"I know, I know.  And I'm sorry.  But we, uh, ran into a little trouble.  Jubes got hurt."

"What happened?"

"Well, the guys all decided they wanted to try to use their fake IDs to get into a really divey bar, and - "

"I don't want you in and outta bars.  Dammit, you don't know what kinda shit you might get into!"

"Logan, you've taken me to a bar."

"That's different.  You're with me.  Nobody's gonna try any shit.  Those little kids - what're they gonna do if there's trouble, huh?"

"Well, probably something pretty much like what they did tonight when Jubes mouthed off to a big, muscular biker and started a bar-clearing brawl.  She got her nose broken, everybody panicked, and we had to take her to the hospital.  I meant to be back sooner, but it took forever in the emergency room, and - "

"Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine, I - "

"C'mere.  C'mere and let me take a look atcha."

"I'm fine, really.  You know me - I'm always the voice of reason in these things.  Or - or the legs of running away.  I just avoid -  oomph!  Hugging a little hard there.."

"Don't ever do that again, huh?  Just - just call if somethin' happens, call right away."

"Hey, I'm really OK.  It's OK."

"Yeah.  Stay here a second.  Stay right here a while, Marie.  Shit, I thought - "

"Sorry, Logan.  I'm sorry."

"It's OK.  Just - just stay here where I can hang onto ya for a while.  Just stay here, Marie."

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives