Eighteen Profanities

Title: Eighteen Profanities
Author: Terri
Email: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Sequel to Eighteen Surprises in Broad Daylight. Logan and Rogue make their getaway, but something's wrong. Logan copes by swearing.
Series: Eighteen #19
Disclaimer: These two still aren't mine. Darn.
Archive: Ask, and I'll be glad to supply
Feedback: Please! Pretty please?
Author's Notes: I read Rina's challenge right after I finished this. So tempted to do an AU take where they switch places, yet must sleep......


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Come on, baby, wake up. Fuck. You gotta be OK. Come on, Marie come on. Fuck, please wake up."

"Mmmphh...."

"That's it, come back to me. Come on."

"Oh, God, my head hurts....."

"Yeah, I know, but you're OK. You're OK and we're safe now. Everything's OK."

"My head....."

"Don't try to sit up just yet. Shit - don't, don't move. It's OK."

"Where - where am I?"

"I took that fucker's van. I took his fuckin' head off - he's gotta be dead now. We stopped a few miles out. I had to get a little distance to be sure we were safe before I could touch you. I'm sorry baby, I'm sorry, but I thought it was best to get away first, and you seemed OK, just, you know, out. You didn't even have bleeding or anything this time."

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

"It worked, baby, your plan worked. We're gonna be OK. Magneto's dead, that mother fucker Sabretooth is dead, and as soon as I find her, that bitch Mystique is gonna join 'em."

"Who - "

"Sorry. I know she's your mom and all but I'm gonna fucking kill her - "

"No, who are you?"

"What?"

"Who are you?"

"That's not fucking funny."

"I'm not kidding. Do I know you?"

"Oh, God, baby, don't - yeah, you know me, I'm Logan."

"Logan who?"

"Fuck! OK, OK, listen to me. I'm Logan. You know me. We're....we're sleepin' together and - "

"Whoa. Really?!"

"Yeah, really. Do you - what do you remember?"

"I....uh, I don't really remember anything. How did I get here?"

"We were fighting. With Magneto. He kidnapped us. You came up with a plan to get away. Don't you remember any of it?"

"N-no. I-I don't. We were fighting with someone?"

"Yeah. Listen, do you remember the mansion? Professor Xavier?"

"Uh-uh. God, what happened to me?"

"Fuck. What do you remember about you? Do you know your name?"

"Of course I do. It's.....it's.......oh God, I-I don't know!"

"OK, OK, just calm down."

"Do you know my name?"

"Yeah. It's Marie."

"Marie what?"

"What?"

"What's my last name?"

"Um, I don't know. You never told me."

"We're sleeping together and I never told you my last name? God, what am I some kind of sleazy ho? Oh my God!"

"No, no baby. Nothing like that at all. No. You just....you just kept that a little secret, that's all. Nobody even really knows that your name is Marie besides me. They all call you Rogue."

"Rogue? Hmmm...."

"Yeah, does that sound familiar?"

"It does, I just....I can't place why."

"It's your name."

"Shit. Why can't I remember?"

"I don't know. I don't know. Do you feel OK?"

"Um, my head hurts, but it's going away. And my side itches like crazy - oh my God, what happened to me? There's blood all over!"

"Fucking Sabretooth. Don't worry about it now, that asshole is six feet under. He ain't gonna ever fuckin' hurt you again."

"But what happened? I mean that much blood - there should be a wound or something."

"There was, but I touched you and healed it."

"You what?"

"It's my mutation, healing. And yours, your skin, it, um absorbs people. You can absorb my power."

"I - are you saying that I have......people-absorbing skin?"

"Don't you remember that you're a mutant?"

"I, um, no. Wait. Wait. I guess I do. My skin....I remember thinking I have to be careful of my skin. I remember that."

"Good, good baby. It'll come back to you."

"I'm sorry, what is your name again?"

"Logan."

"Logan, how long have we been together?"

"We met about two years ago. We've been sleepin' together for the past few months."

"Um, are we married?"

"Ah, no."

"Oh, OK."

"Marie, honey, I just want you to sit still, OK? I'm gonna drive us back to the mansion. I'm gonna get you checked out. Somethin' fuckin' weird happened in Magneto's machine. I knew I shouldnta let you go in that goddamn fucking - "

"I don't want to go to the mansion."

"What?"

"I-I don't know why, but I don't want to go. I don't think I - I didn't like it there."

"Um, you really need some medical help, and I think that - "

"Please! I really don't want to go!"

"OK, OK, we don't have to go. Just calm down a little baby, don't get yourself worked up."

"OK."

"We won't go to the mansion."

"OK. Can we - can we just go back to our house?"

"Ah, darlin', we don't really have a house."

"I thought - wait - I thought I remembered....."

"Yeah?"

"I thought I remembered you cooking something for me in a kitchen. Rabbits. I do, I remember it. Oh God, we are sleeping together, aren't we? I remember something about living with you."

"You're rememberin' the cabin. We have a cabin that we spent the winter in. That's good baby, what else do you remember about us? Anything?"

"You - you gave me - you gave me these, didn't you?"

"Yes, good, that's right, I gave you those tags when I left. I had to, ah, leave you for a little while. It was my promise to come back."

"I can't remember why I......I don't know why I......they mean something to me."

"Yeah, yeah I think they do. You always wear 'em."

"I just - I just - can we go home now? Can we go to our cabin?"

"It's a long way away, darlin'. It'll take a while to get there, but, yeah, we can go if you want."

"Good. Thank you. Thank you....um...."

"Logan."

"Thank you Logan."