Vacationing With Marie

Title: Vacationing With Marie
Author: Terri
Email: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Sequel to Christmas With Marie. Logan and Rogue go on spring break.
Series: With Marie #4
Disclaimer: Nobody belongs to me. Rats.
Archive: Ask, and ye shall receive
Feedback: Please! Pretty please?
Comments: Look - smut! Semi-foofy smut. Hee.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This whole thing started back on Valentine's Day. I was trying to think of a good present for Marie, and frankly, I don't think I could've topped Christmas no matter what I did. I considered a lot of things I knew she needed - a computer of her own, a Maple Leafs hockey jersey, a new cell phone - but I was promptly instructed by Scooter, Relationship Monitor, that Valentine's Day wasn't about what your significant other needed at all. You had to get them something totally useless, but romantic. Scooter suggested a ring. An engagement ring.

Well, I'd actually kind thought of that too. I mean, I wore the ring she gave me all the time, I made no secret of that at all. As a matter of fact, I think everyone in the house had seen it and known it was from Marie by Christmas afternoon. And I knew that everyone was just kind of waiting for me to give her one. At first, I thought maybe she was too.

But, I've lived with her for a while now, and I know her. This would be a big thing between us, and she has given me some signals that it might not be what she wanted, at least not right away. Like the time she said that the tags were like a ring to her, like the time that Jubilee made some crack about my ring being an engagement ring and she flinched a little, like the time Jean gave her this speech about how long it takes to plan a proper wedding and she looked really uncomfortable. Something was definitely up there, so I thought I'd better ask about the ring first.

When I did, she just got real quiet and said that I didn't have to get her one. I tried explaining that it wasn't a "have to" kind of thing, not at all, but she still said she didn't want one. I know there's a reason behind it, but I don't have a good guess at what it is and she's not ready to tell me. So, no Valentine's Day ring.

If it wasn't going to be a ring, it still needed to be a pretty good present, though, and I started racking my brain for what to get her. Finally, I hit upon a good idea. A vacation over spring break, just the two of us. I know she's always wanted to go to Alaska, but it's still a little cold for that in March, and there's probably lots of places she hasn't been. So I floated that idea to her, and she seemed to really like it. She said she hadn't gotten me anything for the big day yet, so my present would be to pick wherever I wanted to go.

Now, at first, I was kind of at a loss. I mean, where the hell would I like to go with her? If it were up to me, I'd pick a good round through Alberta, hitting some of the old fight clubs and bars. But she wouldn't like that. And it is a Valentine's present, so shouldn't it be someplace romantic? Hell, I didn't even know of any romantic places.

So I asked around. Of course Scooter said someplace like northern Italy or the French Riviera. Goes to show you - that man just doesn't use the brain sometimes. We'd have to go on a plane to get there and back within a week or so, and how the hell am I supposed to pass through a metal detector? They're not going to let us take the blackbird for a vacation.

Jeannie had some better ideas - what about the New England Coast, maybe San Francisco, or have you thought about New Orleans? All of those sounded OK to me. San Fran and New Orleans would take some driving though, so we might have to take a little longer than we originally planned. 'Ro thought maybe Marie'd like Toronto - you know, see a show, see the Hockey Hall of Fame. Sounded like another good option. Jubilee and her other little friend suggested eloping to Las Vegas and getting married by an Elvis impersonator. I'm not going to even comment on that one.

I narrowed it down to basically what Jean and 'Ro suggested. Since the New England coast and Toronto were the two closest - more time in a motel with Marie, less time in a car factored in pretty heavily there - I told Marie I was thinking about those two and let her pick. Well, she said either, but I saw her eyes light up a little more when I mentioned the New England Coast. March - not exactly prime time to go, still pretty cold - but she seemed to like the idea a lot. So, I booked a bed and breakfast in Belfast, Maine for a week and got an oil change for the truck. Good to go.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We set out on a Saturday morning. It wasn't that long of a drive, we could've gone Friday night, but she said she wanted to look at the scenery on the way. So we left in the morning. She was pretty quiet most of the way up. To be honest, that gets on my nerves sometimes, because I start wondering what she's thinking about. Then I start wondering if she's OK. Then I start wondering if I somehow did something to make her quiet, then I feel like shit before too long. It's hardly ever any of those things, but, you know, I wonder about it. So I decided that I'm going to make some conversation.

"Hey, did I tell you that the room I booked has a view of the ocean?"

"Yeah. It'll be kind of frozen, but that'll be neat."

"You're pretty quiet." OK, so small talk isn't my strong suit. I'm better at cutting to the chase.

"Just thinking about this, the vacation."

"You wanted to go, right?" Because that didn't sound like she was too excited about it.

"Oh yeah, I do. It's, um, kind of a big step for us, though, don't you think?"

"Um..." Actually, no I didn't think that. I didn't think it was a step of any kind.

"You know, what's going to happen while we're up here......"

"Um...." Something's going to happen? Did I say something she could've misinterpreted? Because I didn't plan anything for the whole week, so I couldn't have told her anything that she took wrong. Just thought we'd kick back, do whatever.

"Logan, you don't have to beat around the bush about it. I know why you suggested a vacation."

She does? Well, good, maybe we'll make some progress here 'cause I'm completely lost. "Um, you do?"

"Look, you've been really good about everything. I know - I know that you've got to be getting frustrated, and I appreciate everything you've gone through. I do. I mean it's been months and months. And you know it's not that I don't want to, I mean, I will, I will do it, it's just - well, it's a big step."

All right, that didn't help for shit. "Um, Marie? What are you talking about?"

"You know, the whole reason you suggested this. On Valentine's Day. The whole reason we're going on vacation." She says that like it's plain as day. Maybe I'm just really dim, but I still don't get it.

"I'm still not on board with you, baby. I really don't know what you're talking about."

"You know, we're....going on vacation, spending some time alone, so we can, you know...." She's waggling her eyebrows at me and she's got this knowing little grin and - oh, shit, I think I get it. Yeah, I'm slow, but eventually even I fucking clue in. She thought that was the whole reason for this?

"You mean you thought this was a sex vacation?"

"Well, yeah. You're saying it's not?" She looks very, very surprised. I was kinda hoping for disappointed - well, certain parts of me were - but she looks real surprised.

"Um, no, it's not. It's just a regular vacation. You know, a you and me vacation."

"So you don't want to have sex with me while we're in Maine?"

Whoa, whoa, back that truck up. There's a world of difference between 'I didn't plan to' and 'I don't want to.'

"Yes, yes I would like to have sex with you while we're in Maine. I'd like to have sex with you when we're in the laundry room. I'd like to have sex with you when we're in the Blackbird. I'd like to have sex with you when you're pretty much anywhere within a hundred feet of me. But I wasn't planning on it or anything. I was waiting for you to let me know that you wanted to."

"I want to."

Whoa, OK, all the blood just rushed to a very specific part of my body. "Um, OK. Um, now?"

"Logan....." Was that funny? She's laughing, but I didn't think that was funny. "Not right now. You're driving."

"Yeah, you know, I can pull over, there's a spot - "

"Logan!"

'What?" It sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I mean, there's plenty of space in here. Especially on her side. I could just put the seat right back and -

"Maybe we can wait until we get to a bed? You know, until we check in at the bed and breakfast?"

"That could be another whole hour." She's laughing at that too. I didn't think that was funny either. "What?"

"You can't wait an hour?"

"Well, not if you're ready now. I mean - " Oh, Logan, you are a shithead. Of course she'd rather do it with you in bed than in a car. Dumb ass. "I mean, sure, we can wait. You know what? I, uh, didn't mean to go all nuts like that. There's no rush." Stupid, stupid, stupid. Now she thinks you wanted the first time to be in a car. Now she probably thinks you don't really give a shit, you just want to screw her. Which is kinda true, I mean, I do want to have sex with her, but, you know, it's not the whole story.

"Oh, I can see that. I can see that you're not in any kind of hurry, mister 'I can pull over right there.'" She doesn't look that pissed. She's still kinda laughin'.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean all that. I, um, you surprised me, baby."

"I guess so."

"I, ah, didn't mean that we had to jump right in. I really didn't mean that. Really."

"Uh-huh." She sounds downright unconvinced, and frankly I don't blame her.

"Really. I just, ah, got a little excited there for a minute. We'll go to the bed and....and.....

"Breakfast?"

"Yeah." Got a little stuck on the bed part there. "The bed and breakfast. We'll go there, and, you know, check in, and have some....some....."

"Sex?" She's teasing me now, the little flirt.

"I was going to say we'll have some breakfast." I was. Really.

"Breakfast? Logan, it's afternoon. They're not going to give us breakfast when we get there."

"Don't they give you breakfast around the clock?"

"No. Just in the morning."

"Shit, well, that's the only reason I picked a bed and breakfast. I thought you could get breakfast anytime, just come right downstairs and get it." She's laughing again. That's not funny. That's really not funny. I like breakfast food.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's a nice room."

"Glad you like it. You sure they won't give me breakfast? Even if I go - "

"I'm sure, besides, isn't there something else you wanted to do?" Oh, my. She's laying down on the bed. The really big bed. The really big Marie-having bed. It's a good bed. Whoa, whoa, snap out of it, big guy. Go slow.

"Look, baby, why don't we just, um, go for a walk or something? That'd be nice, wouldn't it?"

"No. No it wouldn't. You know what I think would be nice?" Oh, now she's running her hand back and forth over the covers. That's inviting. Real inviting. "I think it would be nice to have sex now."

"Um, OK." I know I really should put up a fight or something, try to make it less, I don't know, hurried, but I really, really want to, and she's saying she does too. "If you're sure."

"I'm sure. Come here." One little gloved hand, reaching out for me. I've had fantasies like this before, where she's laying on a bed, inviting me to come to her. God, those were pretty good fantasies, but this is fucking unbelievable. "Hey." She's touching me - my face, just my face, but my whole body is reacting.

"Hey." Now she's loosening her scarf, and I know what that means. It means I get to kiss her.

"Sugar, do me a favor? Take off some of those clothes, all right?" OK, no kiss yet, but that's good too.

"Take off some of yours." Wait - that didn't come out like I wanted it to - growly and harsh. Don't want to scare her any. "I mean, um, would you like to take off some of yours?"

"Logan, I think this time I should keep some of mine on. I've got on tights under here." She's wiggling all around and - oh, God, yes, she's taking off her jeans. "I thought...."

"Yeah. Yeah." I got me one smart woman.

"OK. Then, go ahead, take off some of your clothes. We'll do it this way first."

First. That's the word that caught my attention and made my brain operational again. First. It's her first time. Well, her first time with me. No, her first time, period. What Mystique did to her doesn't count. That wasn't her choice. No, it is her first time. And she's telling me to take my clothes off first. That's not how it should be.

"Uh, baby? Don't you want to take your clothes off the first time? I mean I could - "

"No, no sugar. You've waited a really long time, and I want to be sure it's what you want. Or, you know, as much what you want as it can be. You first."

Whoa. She really meant that. She thinks - there's some part of her that really thinks this is not going to be good for me in some way. Aw, fuck. "Marie, honey? Is everything OK, because I don't want you to think I don't want you or anything like that."

"I know it's not what you're used to. I'm not - " Touching. She's touching my face with those little hands again. Those little gloved hands. And she has that little frown on her face, and, oh God, she's sad about something. "Well, I'm not like other women you've been with. I know how much you like to, um, you know, and I know it won't be the same with me. Heck, it hasn't ever been - I mean, you've been so good about that, just sleeping with me and doing whatever I was ready for. I know you're not used to waiting like that, having to be careful all the time. And not just with my skin, you know, with me. I just - let me do this for you, OK? You first."

"No, I don't want it to be like that, I want it to be good for you. I - "

"It'll be great for me however it is 'cause you're here, sugar. 'Cause it's with you. Now, take your clothes off. You first."

She keeps repeating that, and I don't want it to be about me, not the first time, but she's so close to me and she's touching me, and I just don't know if I can hold back like I know I should. And I know I should. I'm sure I should. I should hold her and talk to her and tell her - oh, shit. She's not waiting for me to do it, she's doing it. She's taking off my shirt.

"Logan, I just.....I just want our first time together to be good for you. You're always worried about me. For once, I want to make sure you get what you need, OK?" Her hands moved fast, she's got me naked above the waist already, and if those cute little hands go to my belt, I don't know - "Let me, let me try to make it good for you. I shouldn't - I should've gone ahead before, but I wanted...I thought the bed would be better. But now, just let me try to make it good for you."

Shit, I'm all naked now, no question about who's taking their clothes off first any more. I need to stop this, slow it down before she does something she shouldn't but she's touching me, and I've dreamt about this, having her underneath me and willing, so many times. So many times. And I just can't keep a hold on - oh God, her hands are on me, moving slow, and just how I like. I can't -

"Is that OK?"

"Unnh...." I can't even get words out when she's touching me like that. Shit.

"Let me know when - there's a condom in my suitcase, next to you. Let me know when you're ready, sugar."

Ready? I'm ready, every single cell in my body is ready as hell. But she's not. Not at all. I haven't even really touched her. She's not.

"St-stop. Let me, let me touch you. It'll hurt. It'll hurt if I don't. Let me."

"Logan..." She's not stopping, she's not letting go. She's going faster, and I - shit, she's reaching for the condom, and I can't - "I'm ready for you, sugar. It's OK."

It's not, she can't be that excited just from this. I haven't - I haven't touched her and I - oh, God, her hands left me - shit, I want - oh, there, she's - she's putting the condom on. Her hands are back, and oh, God, it's good.

"Come on, sugar. There's - there's a little opening there. Come on, sugar."

"W-wait - " But I can't wait, can't wait, oh God, I'm not going to be able to stop and I have to, she's not -

"No, baby, no waiting. Now. I know you want to now." She's guiding me in, and I just can't keep from -

"Unnh...." God, God, God, yes. Yes. Just - yes. Yes.

"That's it. Yes, sugar. Go ahead, baby. Go ahead, deeper."

I can't stop now, I can't even try to. It's over, all over. All I can do now is feel her around me, and it's her, it's Marie and it's all I've wanted, all I've dreamed about for so damn long that I -

"Mmmmphh...."

"Baby?"

"I'm OK, sugar. Go. Don't stop."

"D-don't wanna hurt you....I don't - "

"You're not, baby, you're not. Keep going, don't stop." She's moving with me now, and there's no way I can stop. Just hope she's OK, just hope she's not hurt.

"Oh God, Marie...."

"Yes, sugar. That's it. Like that. I know you like that. Yes...."

Those words are going to make it hard to hold on. God, I can't stop myself. I can't even slow down, and I know she's got to be -

"Logan, yes, yes...."

"God! Unnh!" The way she moves with me, God, it's so good, and I can smell her all over me. Christ, so close now, so close.

"Yes.....don't stop, sugar......I want you so much, don't stop, don't stop......"

Too fast, I'm going too fast and too hard, and part of me knows it, I do, but I just can't seem to stop, and I'm so close now, so close -

"Marie!"

"Yes, honey, yes. I love you, Logan, I love you so much, sugar...."

"God, yes, I - aah!" I can't help it, those words are the best of all and to hear them while I'm inside her, I just can't - "Marie! God! Uh!" Oh God, oh God, I'm - that's it, that's it - can't wait any longer, that's it, now, now.....

"Yes! Logan!"

"Aaaaah!" OH GOD!

"Yes, baby, yes." Oh god, oh god, oh god.......her hands are still on me, lifting me up to look at her a little. God, oh God, she's looking to make sure I liked it. She's looking to make sure it was good for me. Oh God, I fucked up. I fucked up bad.

"So sorry, baby, I - I didn't mean to....."

"I wanted you to. I wanted you to, Logan." She found what she was looking for, must have. Because now she's looking at me so soft and kind, so good.

"I know but I...."

"Shh. Don't talk. Stay - stay right there, just for a few, a few minutes. Don't talk."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fucked up. I fucked up royally. Holding on to her like this, with my head on her chest, I can hear her heartbeat, and feel her breathe. I've held her so many nights close to me, almost naked, wrapped up in that green sheet. And I could always stop. I could always stop when she asked. I never fucked up like this before. Shit.

It was just - hearing her say she's ready and she wanted to somehow made me snap - something inside just let go, and when she started touching me, really touching me, I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop. I fucked up. I didn't even kiss her. I didn't even kiss her before I went inside her. Great. Just great. That was everything I didn't want it to be.

"Logan? Are you OK? Is-is something wrong? You're not talking and you're letting out these big sighs......was it - did I do something wrong?"

"No, no baby. I did. That shouldn't have happened. I'm really sorry."

"Oh." Is she - she's starting to shake a little. Shit.

"Marie?"

"Um, no, it's - it's fine. Just, um, get off me, OK?"

"Sure." Fuck, fuck, she's shaking and crying now. "Baby? Look, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen."

"Ah, OK. I just thought - I thought you wanted to, I thought it was OK for you but - I, um, I'm sorry."

"No, no - hey - no. I wanted to. Too much. Baby, I shouldn't have been like that. That's all I meant." Great. Even better. Say shit that makes her think you didn't like it. Now it wasn't just an awful first time for her, you're making her think it sucked for you. Excellent work, asshole. "Really, it was good. Really."

"You - um, you d-don't have to say that, you know. I understand if you didn't like it that way. I - um, maybe I can think of a better way to, you know - "

"Stop, OK? Just stop, Marie. Stop right there. You're breaking my heart here, kid. You didn't do anything wrong. I did like it, everything about it, OK? And I'm not just saying that. I'm not. You looked at me when it was over, you saw, right?"

"B-but now you're having second thoughts, I - "

"I'm having second thoughts because I should have taken more time, made sure it was good for you too. That's all. I wish I'd done that."

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you do it. I'm sorry." She's crying hard now, and - shit, she's moving off the bed. "I'm going to go for a walk, OK? Just, by myself, OK? There's nobody out on the beach. I'll be fine."

"Marie, don't - "

"Please. Please, Logan?" She's pulling on her clothes and her coat and she looks just absolutely desperate to get away from me right now. "I'll be fine. I won't be long. I just need to...I just need to go for a little walk, OK?"

"Baby, don't go, don't - "

"Bye."

Shit. I've got to fix this somehow. I've got to fix it.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's all this?"

"Hi, baby, glad you're back. This is dinner."

"And the candles? And flowers? Logan, you didn't have to - "

"Now you hold it right there. I've been thinking a lot about everything that happened today. And I want to say a few things."

"I know I overreacted. I know I got all emotional and I know I shouldn't have just cut out on you like that. I'm sorry."

"Well, OK. But I don't think so. I don't think you overreacted, and I don't think you have one single thing to be sorry about. I do, though. I do."

"Logan, you really don't. I pushed you to - "

"You didn't push me anywhere I wasn't in a damn big hurry to get to. I wanted to sleep with you. I wanted to a lot. Really a lot. And I'm glad we did. I'm not sorry about that. I'm just a little sorry that I didn't think about it more before we did. That's what this is all about."

"Huh?"

"If I'd have thought about it, if I'd have really thought about it before just jumping right in, this is what I would've done. I would have made it romantic. And nice. And slow. So that's what we're going to do now. OK? We're going to have dinner, and it's going to be like I would have made it if I wasn't in such a hurry. OK?"

She's thinking. You know, that's one thing about her no one else I've ever met has. When you ask her a question like this, a question that a lot of people would just answer, she takes the time to think about it. I like that. Makes me think she's sure when she finally does answer.

"OK."

"Sit down, darlin'."

"You got pizza?" She's smiling a little now, and that's always a good sign.

"Yeah. I know it's your favorite. And look - I got breakfast food for me." Pancakes and sausages, and lots of 'em. Took a little persuading, and an extra twenty, but they did make me breakfast.

"Maybe you're right about that bed and breakfast thing." Joking, even better sign. "Logan?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"I need to ask you something."

"OK."

"It's important."

"OK." It must be, there's a look on her I've never quite seen before.

"I need you to answer honestly."

"OK." Oh God, this isn't a good sign. Can't be.

"Why do you love me?"

"Huh?"

"I'm a lot of trouble, Logan. What makes it worth it to you?"

She's serious, dead serious. If she hadn't warned me before, I might have laughed at the question, but not now. She's really serious. And it might be obvious to me but it's not to her.

"Everything about you makes me feel. Everything about you makes me want good things. You're mine. I knew it from the first time we met. You belong with me."

She's taking that in, thinking about it. I hope I said it right, I hope it was what she needed to hear. She's - she's looking up at me again, and - it was, it was what she wanted. She's taking my hand.

"Let's not eat dinner. Let's - let's go back to bed."

"All right, darlin'."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time, slow. This time, what she needs. This time, no fucking up. Kissed her this time, spent a good hour just kissing her. Took off her clothes real slowly, put on my thinnest gloves, touched every inch of her bare skin. Touched her breasts, looked into her eyes when I did it, made sure she was OK with it. When she was ready, not a second before, moved my hands down her body and between her legs. Slow. Slow and gentle. That's how it's going to be. No more fucking this up.

"Logan....it feels.....it feels so good...."

"That's right, that's right, baby."

"More, please, more...."

"As much as you want, you just tell me what you like."

"Like that.....I - ah!.....just like that......"

Going to do what she wants, exactly what she wants. Going to show her it can be good. All that shit with Mystique - she probably thinks it's just all about pain. It's not. It's not ever going to be again. Not ever.

"Oh, God, Logan....l-like that.....like...oh!"

"More? Faster?"

"Y-yes, a little.....a lit - oh!"

"Good, baby. Listen to me now, baby, listen. I love you. I love you so much. I'm going to make it this good for you always. I'm - "

"Logan!"

"Yes, baby, come on, yes. I love you, I'm right here for you. Right here. Come on, baby."

"I - I - don't stop, don't stop!" Close, really close. She's letting herself go, giving herself over to me.

"I won't. I won't. I - "

"OH! OH!" There, there she goes. God, so beautiful.

"I love you baby."

"I......oh, Logan.....I......"

"I know. I know." Going to move around a little, bring her right up close to me. "Me too."



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You know, Logan, eventually, we should leave this room."

"I suppose."

"We have to go back in two days, and we haven't left except to go down and get breakfast."

"Well, yeah, I guess."

"See, this was a sex vacation."

"Those're the best kind. I think every vacation we take from now on should be a sex vacation."

She's turning to face me. Her face is still all flushed. Her hair's all over the place. That was a wild one, for sure. Maybe the best yet. "You really don't want to leave the room, do you?"

"Sure I do. Plenty of other places to have sex besides this bed."

That got a laugh. I think she likes it when I show how much I want her. She's comfortable about it now. Thank God I was able to get it through her head how much I want her and how much I like it and how good it's supposed to be for her too. Whew. No more sex hangups between us, nothing bad in there at all now. Just good stuff. Five solid days of sex'll do that for you. And, hey, I'm all for doing what has to be done to get us through a little problem spot.

"Like where?"

"You know I've been thinking about the truck...." Her eyes just flashed like I've never quite seen them before. That's....that's damn arousing. "It's in the parking lot. Not that far."

"Let's go." Two finer words have never been spoken.

"Hey baby?"

"Yeah?" She's looking at me all seductive. Glad she can do that. Glad she trusts me enough.

"Race you."

 

Back To The Index   Back To The Archives