Valentines Day With Marie

Title: Valentine’s Day With Marie
Author: Terri

E-Mail:
xgrrl26@yahoo.com

Rating: NC-17

Archive: Dolphin Haven, Peep Hut – anyone else, please ask :)

Disclaimer: I don’t own anyone but Sam and Nat, but they’re the cutest ones – or at least that’s what Nat keeps telling me…….

Feedback: Please! With a big chocolate heart on top? Good, bad, and ugly welcome………

Summary: Sequel to Trick or Treating Without Marie. It’s Valentine’s Day, and Uncle Hank keeps the twins occupied while Marie unveils a special present for Logan. But Sam and Nat don’t take too well to being away from Mom and Dad for long……

Comments: This was all started by CJ, and some smutty comments regarding our respective WolverineMuses that are too raunchy to be repeated in polite company (he’s kind of like that when he gets, ah, affectionate………) and by a pair of vinyl boots that I just bought. While they’re not thigh-high like Marie’s, they’re still high enough and shiny enough to make me feel vaguely naughty every time I put them on, even when (as they are now) they’re caked in salt and slush………

 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Now, I’m not a dumb guy. Don’t let the animal exterior fool ya – I’m pretty damn savvy, all things considered. I almost always pick up on what people want, or don’t want, what people’re up to, what makes ‘em tick. Sure, enhanced senses help, but you gotta have a brain to put together what all that input means – it takes smarts, not just senses. And I’m especially good at pickin’ up things when it comes to my nearest and dearest – Marie and the kids. So when my lovely wife said to me that she didn’t want nothin’ for Valentine’s Day this year ‘cept my undivided attention for an evening, I picked up on what that really meant – ‘I still want a present, but I’ll plan the activities.’

You see, one year I actually made the mistake of takin’ her words at face value. It was the first Valentine’s after the kids and money was real tight. She says to me – ‘Logan, you don’t hafta get me anythin’, these two wonderful kids’re enough.’ Now, it ain’t like she didn’t mean what she said ‘bout the kids; that’s true. And it ain’t like she was lyin’, not exactly. But somewhere in there was a ‘Even though I said I didn’t want anythin’, I need a little somethin’ just so I know you still got it bad for me’ - somethin’ I failed to pick up on at the time. Now, that’s not all my fault – mosta the time, Marie means exactly what she says and says exactly what she means – that’s one of the things I love about her. No guessin’, no hidin’. But sometimes, I’ve learned, she don’t exactly say the whole story, and that’s what happened here.

Well, that day came and went and all day she was lookin’ at me with big, expectant eyes. I didn’t realize what was up until the next mornin’ - she was hidin’ her disappointment pretty well ‘cept for her scent. Can’t hide that. I could smell the sad and I was worried as shit somethin’ was really wrong. I kept badgerin’ her all day until she finally fesses up with, "Why didn’t you get me anything for Valentine’s?" Pointin’ out to her that the ‘why’ was ‘cause she explicitly told me *not to* didn’t help. Marie herself couldn’t explain it, she just shrugged her shoulders and said ‘yeah, I know’ and still smelled sad. I went out for groceries and came back with flowers later that day. Even if it took me a while to figure it out, I knew I needed to do somethin’ to cheer her up immediately – after all, there’s nothin’ that gets to me worse than a sad-smellin’ Marie. And it did cheer her up pretty good.

Next Valentine’s, though, she says basically the same thing. Notice - I said ‘basically.’ Here’s where my bein’ observant of my nearest and dearest comes in. She says she don’t want anythin’ – not really – and that havin’ me as a husband is a good enough gift. Again, I believe the last part, no problem. Marie, she’s always been real lovin’ to me, never gives me any doubts ‘bout her feelin’s or tries to hide ‘em. But I noticed the ‘not really’ in the first half. Yep, somethin’ was goin’ on. Thinkin’ back on her reaction the previous year and how she always lit up when I gave her Valentine’s presents back before the kids, it finally hit me – she wants somethin’ but knows we don’t have the money, so she don’t wanna say she wants somethin’ and she probably really *doesn’t* want anythin’ that’ll break our budget – just a little somethin’ would be perfect. It’d say ‘yeah, this day is special and you’re my girl’ while still keepin’ the family finances together. So I got her this little silver bracelet – cost me ten bucks, and I think Nat broke it before the next Valentine’s came around, but it made her smile big when I pulled it out as we were gettin’ ready for bed that night. I’ll tell ya – that was the best ten bucks I ever spent. Marie was happy and she was intent on makin’ *me* happy and thankin’ me properly for the present – whew, that night was a scorcher. I still fantasize about it. Heh. But the point is - I’m pretty good at readin’ Marie.

So this year, the money’s a little better ‘cause of our deal with Xavier and bein’ the on-top-of-it guy that I am, I went out and got her a real nice pearl bracelet as a present for the big day. Call me dirty, but I couldn’t get her a pearl necklace without thinkin’ raunchy thoughts, so bracelet it is. Now, I just gotta see what ‘activities’ she’s got planned for us. Heh. That’ll be the fun part.

"Hey, darlin’, I’m home." Can already tell that she’s in somethin’ of a romantic mood – nice candles lightin’ up the place – but it’s a little early for that kinda thing. The kids don’t go to bed for hours yet. Hell, we haven’t even had dinner yet. Maybe she’s just settin’ the mood for later on. Kinda like foreplay. Heh. My little Marie. My sweet, romantic little -

"Hey there yourself, sugar. I’m so glad you’re home." Whoa. Whoa. And – damn! She’s topless. Topless Marie. Naked Marie. That’s my wife’s rack, right out in the open, right in our livin’ room. Nothin’ above the waist but my tags. Whoa. You know – this Valentine’s Day thing, I’ve got a whole new perspective on it right now. The hearts and flowers and candles and presents and shit all seem pretty worth it for somethin’ like this and – hey, wait a second – she’s wearin’ some clothes. Didn’t notice that right off, and of course you can understand why, what with the naked, topless Marie parts on display right here in the livin’ room, but, damn, those are some good clothes. Normally, I’m all in favor of all-naked, but that tight-as-hell little black skirt and thigh-high boots – hey, are those vinyl?

"Logan? Hello? You in there?" Oh God, they are vinyl. Thigh-high fuck-me vinyl boots on my topless, mini-skirted wife. I don’t think she’s wearin’ panties under that skirt either. Heh. Happy Fuckin’ Valentine’s Day to me. "Lo-o-o-gan? Hey - are you with me?"

"Grrr….." Ooops. Slipped out. Can’t help it. Did I mention she was topless? Those Marie-breasts are starin’ right at me.

"Like what you see, sugar?"

"Hell yeah." That’s an understatement. That’s maybe the best thing I’ve seen in my entire life. It’s like somethin’ right outta one of my fantasies, like somethin’ outta one of those magazines that I usedta have a huge stack of back in the camper, like – wait a second. Wait a second. Camper. Marie. Me pickin’ up Marie in my camper from that shithole bar in Alberta and – yep. Yep. I got it now. It *is* somethin’ outta one of my fantasies, one she musta seen when she got me in her head all those years back. Dammit, I didn’t know she knew about that one all this time. And it ain’t a real romantic one – it was from way back when I first saw her in that bar and fantasized that this is what was under that big cloak of hers – short skirt, vinyl hooker boots, no panties, no top, no bra. Wanted to throw that cloak off, turn her around, bend her over up against the bar and take her right there. Wanted to let everyone know she was mine, and in no uncertain terms. Hard and fast and passionate. With the boots on. Definitely with the boots on. Dear Lord – she saw all that, probably the first damn time I touched her, back when she was a seventeen year old kid. She’s been carryin’ that around in her head, not sayin’ nothin’ this whole time. "Uh, Marie – you, ah, you saw that in my head, didn’t ya? You saw me thinkin’ ‘bout you in that get-up."

Yeah, that shy blush that’s slinkin’ down her neck towards those spectacular breasts is my answer. She saw it. "I always wanted to try it, you know, but I – I guess it’s taken me a long time to get the courage to try to pull it off." Shruggin’, more blushin’ and, oh God, that’s gonna be the death of me, right there. "You know I’m not all sexy or anything, and at first it was kind of scary, and I didn’t quite know what to make of it. Then, after you moved in with me at the mansion, I always thought I’d get up the nerve to try it one day, but my, um, fantasy life was a lot more ambitious than my actual life. I guess the whole Mystique thing made me a little hesitant about – about stuff like this. And then, after we moved up here, and had the kids and everything – well, I was really a lot more comfortable with the sexual stuff, but I guess I kind of forgot about wanting to try to make that fantasy come true for you. But it flashed into my head the other night and I thought it’d be a great – and cheap – Valentine’s present. I can – I can put the cloak on too if you want, but it’s packed away up in the attic, and I thought this would be better. The, uh, only thing different than you imagined is the atmosphere – I wanted something a little nicer and more private than a bar, but I did put a Molson’s on the kitchen counter for you. I, um, thought we could, you know, act it out over there. What do you think?"

"Yeah." That wasn’t enough of an answer, but I’m kinda still hypnotized by the topless parts. "I mean – yeah."

"Logan? Is this – is this freaking you out or something? Is it not what you wanted? I know it’s an old fantasy and if something’s changed or if since the kids you just don’t think of me as – "

"Uh, Marie – where *are* the kids?" Not that, you know, I especially want ‘em to show up right now and induce my wife to put a top on or something, but they are my offspring, so I kinda feel like I hafta have a passing concern for them even in the face of an outrageously hot Marie who’s ready, willing and able to act out one of my sex fantasies about her. God, the way she looks in those boots……

"They’re with Hank. I made pizzas for them and sent them off to his lab. They’re all going to have dinner there and then camp out in our backyard later tonight – Hank and I set up a tent and sleeping bags and everything. They’ll have a great time, and they’ll still be close." They? Oh yeah, right – the kids. "But not too close….." Close. Right. She’s comin’ closer to me. That’s right, baby, you come on over here right by me. "Logan – I meant what I said. If you don’t want to, it’s OK. I just kinda thought it’d be nice if you still did want to, but……" Want to? Did she say somethin’ about me not wantin’ to do this? Dammit, lookin’ at her rack insteada listenin’ to her talk. Gotta pay attention here. I mean pay attention to what she’s sayin’ – already was payin’ attention to other parts. Can’t really help myself there. "I can go change. Um, I can go change right now."

"No!" Whoa – didn’t mean to grab her like that, but there’s no way I want her outta that outfit. "I mean – I wanna."

"Logan, we don’t have to, really. It’s OK. I just feel a little silly because I kind of thought that you still – "

"I still. I definitely still. Listen, Marie, you just – you caught me off-guard, that’s all. Don’t feel silly. This is – this is real sweet and real hot. You just, uh – don’t change clothes, OK? You look damn good just like that." Soft little smile, still lookin’ a little fragile. Well, that’s gonna get taken care of right now. "Hey – I still wanna do that fantasy. I still think of you as Marie, the sex-goddess that does it for me below the belt." Little giggle – that’s progress. "Just ‘cause we got two little ankle-biters that live here and call you mom don’t change that. I just – I feel a little weird ‘bout you seein’ you in that right off the bat. I didn’t know you had these thoughts of mine in your head the whole time and you – well, you’ve never surprised me with somethin’ like this before."

"I know, I just – I thought it would be kind of neat."

"Neat?" Couldn’t resist teasin’ her on that. "You thought you dressin’ up in an outfit right outta my horniest fantasy would be ‘neat’? Darlin’, if that’s your definition of neat, you can do a lotta neat things for me. You can do neat things whenever you want."

"You really don’t mind the whole, you know, thing? The outfit, the Molson, acting out what you were thinking – you really don’t mind?"

"Uh-uh. In fact, I’m very on board with your plan here." Gonna kiss her, nice and hard, so she can feel just how on board with it I am. "Come on, darlin’, why dontcha head over to the counter? With your back turned, OK? I’ll be right along for that Molson in a minute."

"OK." Oh, God the view from behind is spectacular. Spec-fuckin’-tacular. "Like this?"

"Exactly. Like. That." Grrr. Yeah, she knows now – seein’ my eyes flash like that when she looked over her shoulder don’t leave any room for doubt. She knows I’m definitely on board with this now. Just gotta do a coupla more things to make it just like the fantasy. My shirt – off. My boots – off. Socks – off. Barefoot with just jeans and the belt and that’s fuckin’ it. Just like I was comin’ outta the cage that night, only now my tags are on her insteada me and I don’t mind that little deviation from the scene one damn bit. It’s a harbinger, a signal that she’s mine already. Just gonna circle her a little bit. I’m the predator here, and judgin’ by her scent she likes that part of this little fantasy just fine. Heh. "Grrrr……." Just enough to let her know I’m behind her. She’s not turnin’ around, but her scent changed, and in a damn good way. Mmmm. Could breathe that in all day. "Grrrrrr……." Got her to peek, a little glance over her shoulder. Over her bare shoulder. "Grrrrr….."

"You fought very well." Holy hell, she never purred like that at me before. "You’re strong. Powerful. I like that." God, darlin’, I hope you’re ready for this ‘cause you’re takin’ me past the point of no return here. "I need a man like that, you know."

"Grrrr………" Can’t wait to touch her. Gotta touch her. Now. Gonna grab onta those sweet hips of hers and hold her in place. "That so?"

"Yes, sugar, that’s so. In fact, I was watching you the whole time."

"Liked whatcha saw?"

"I liked everything I saw." Wigglin’ that round ass in my hands. Damn, woman. "I like *you*."

Now, that gets to me good – her approval, even after seein’ me in the cage. She understands, and she likes it. She gets a reward for that. "Feel that?" It’s still in the jeans, but she’s gotta feel me against the small of her back – I’m so damn hard. "Like that too?"

"Yes." Breathless little whisper. Panting. Yeah, darlin’, that’s good. "Can I have it?"

"Right here?"

"Right here, right now. I’m yours, aren’t I?" Little tease. Little flirt. I’ll give it to ya, darlin’. Just gimme a second to unzip myself here and pull up that little skirt. Her boots can stay on. Her boots definitely can stay on. But I am gonna put my hands on the back of your thighs, darlin’, and spread you apart for me. "Oh, God……"

"Bend over. Put your belly on the bar, darlin’." Gonna put one hand on the small of her back and gonna guide myself in with the other. But first I gotta lean down and growl a little somethin’ in her ear while my hands slide underneath her to give those luscious breasts a little squeeze. Not too rough, but not gentle either. "You wanted it right here, right now, and I’m gonna give it to you baby." God, I gotta be inside her right now.

"Unnh!" Oh yeah, she’s ready for me – wet, hot, tight – fuck. "Yes!" Hell yes. Fuck yes. God, this is good – even better than the fantasy. Gotta go a little harder. Not gonna last long here, but that’s all right, we’re gonna play this one out more than once if I have anythin’ to say ‘bout it. "Yes, yes – aaah!"

"Keep your belly on the bar, darlin’." Might as well put some pressure to her with the hand I got on her back as a reminder. Archin’ up like that – well, it’s gonna end this little session even faster. "I got you deep this way, and that’s just the way I like it."

"Oooohhhh……" Heh. I think you like it like that too, baby. A lot.

"You know what I’m gonna do with you?"

"Wh-what?"

"Umph. I’m gonna – God! I’m gonna put you in my truck and we’re gettin’ the hell outta here. You’re – you’re – fuck! You’re comin’ with me. You’re. Comin’. With. Me."

"Yes! Yes, yes!"

"Grrrr!" Close now. Real close. "Marie – "

"More, more!" God – look at her movin’ with me, pushin’ back against me, grabbin’ the bar – the counter with white knuckles. Every muscle in her body strung tight – this is gonna be as good for her as it is for me.

"Marie – can’t wait too much longer. Gotta – "

"Logan! Logan! LOGAN!" Fuck, yeah – Marie! Just like that, baby! "YESSSSSS!" There we go, darlin’, now I can –

"Aaaarrrrghhhh! GRRRRRR!" Comin’ so hard, so much, so deep inside her – fuck! "GRRRRAAAHHHH!" Oh yeah. Oh fuckin’ yeah. Shit. Came like a fuckin’ freight train. Whew, that was good. And I sure as hell like the view of all that come tricklin’ outta her and down her thighs, disappearin’ inta those fuck-me boots. Oh yeah, the boots do it for me real good.

"Logan?"

Shit – still pinnin’ her to the bar. Don’t wanna withdraw, but I should let her up. Hope I wasn’t too rough. Try not to be, try always to be gentle, at least a little, ‘cause I don’t ever wanna bring back bad memories for her of what she went through with that bitch Mystique. "You OK?"


"Mmm-hmmm." Good – not at all shaky, just satisfied. Heh. That’s exactly how I like my woman. "Did you like it?"

"You know I did, darlin’. I loved it." I hope like hell she brings those boots out every Valentine’s Day – no, scratch that. They should come out more than once a year, definitely. Whoa – she’s movin’ – lettin’ me outta her and turnin’ around to face me.

"I love you, you know. It’s not just the sex." Teasin’. Satisfied, teasin’ and seriously sweet all at once – that’s the perfect Marie. Still – don’t mean I ain’t up for a little teasin’ of my own.

"It ain’t just the sex? Damn, I thought it was mostly the sex. I mean, come on, what else do I got to offer? Short on the brains, short on the looks, short on class and manners, short on - "

"Long on all the things that matter." Now, that’s gonna get her a raised eyebrow. "Oh, Logan! I don’t mean *that*!" Heh – double raised eyebrow. "Stop it! I’m going to blush to death!" Givin’ me a playful little swat on the chest. Just gonna grab that arm and take her hand in mine. I know she loves it when I hold her hand and to tell the truth, I like it too. Not that I’d ever admit that to anyone who wasn’t Marie…… "I meant – you’re long on character, you have a good heart, you’re brave and strong and generous and smart and – yes, very, very sexy." Oh, really, darlin’? I need a third eyebrow for that one. "Hey, I said it wasn’t *just* the sex. I didn’t say sex wasn’t a factor."

"Good to know." Gonna start rubbin’ her hand, slow. That’ll let her know I wanna go some more, but slower, more sensual.

"Hey - did you mean what you said?"

"What part?"

"The part about me coming with you, about you just taking me away?"

"Yeah." I meant that part the most. That’s what I wanted when I saw her. Yeah, I tried to kick her out, but only ‘cause it was powerful, what I was feelin’ for her, and my standard operatin’ principle back then was to run like hell from anythin’ stronger than me, even if it was a good thing.

"I would’ve liked that." Somethin’ a little wistful in that – I wonder what she’s thinkin’. "Just you and me, the open road – that would’ve been nice."

"I like it best when it’s just you and me, darlin’. I’m glad we’re havin’ some time together tonight, without the kids."

"Me too." Big grin there – God, she’s gorgeous. Sometimes I forget how drop-dead beautiful she can be. "And I’m glad you liked it, because I didn’t get you anything else for Valentine’s Day. These boots cost $40, you know." More teasin’. Oh, darlin’, I got a present for you…….oh wait – I do have a present for her. Well, another one. Heh.

"Hang on a sec here, darlin’ – I gotta get your present."

"You mean that wasn’t it?" God, I haven’t seen this much teasin’ from you in a long time, baby. I dunno what’s gotten inta you tonight, but as far as I’m concerned, it can stay there. Hell, if sendin’ the rugrats out in the backyard with Hank gets me steamin’ hot sex and Marie teasin’, we’ve gotta do this more often. Hank’s gonna be livin’ in that damn tent. Now where’s the present? And what’s a good comeback for that last little tease of hers? Ah – got it.

"Well, I gotcha somethin’ I can wrap – here ya go." Hope she likes it.

"Oh, Logan – you didn’t have to get me anything." Yeah, I can tell by the way you’re rippin’ off the wrappin’ paper like a woman possessed. Sure, no presents for you, uh-huh…. "Oh my God! Are these real pearls?" Shit – she looks floored. Maybe I *did* spend too much money on ‘em.

"Um….yeah."

"Eeeeeeee!" Ooof – not that hugs from a topless Marie that smells like me and sex all over ain’t a good thing, but *damn* she’s strong when she’s excited ‘bout somethin’. "It’s perfect! How did you know I always wanted pearls? I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it – oh, Logan – these are *perfect*! Will you put them on me?"

"Sure, baby." They look nice on her too, real nice. I still gotta go with the tags for all-time best jewelry and her wedding ring as second-best, but I think we have a number three right here.

"I really love you."

"Well, darlin’, I’ll hafta buy you bracelets more often." But first I gotta have her again. She’s smilin’ up at me like I’m the best damn thing I’ve ever seen – I can’t get enough of that. Plus – she’s still topless, you know. "C’mere, baby." Mmmm…..haven’t kissed her much today. Definitely missed that….

"Mo-o-o-m! Uncle Hank won’t let me hunt for dinner and he said not to interrupt you but *you* said to make sure we had a good dinner and I didn’t like the pizza and – "

Oh, Lord. That can’t be my daughter runnin’ in the back door. No daughter of mine would interrupt at a time like this.

"Nat!" Heh – Marie’s huggin’ me for dear life, tryin’ to hide her naked parts. Hell, both kids have seen both of us naked – they’re young, what the hell do they care, and plus, it’s just naked and we’re family. I really don’t have a problem with it, but Marie’s a little more shy. "Your father and I are having a private talk. Go back outside and listen to your Uncle Hank."

"That’s right, kiddo – back outside with ya." Let her hunt, don’t let her hunt, whatever. But I don’t want the evenin’ to turn inta family time just yet.

"Mama?" And there’s her brother – shoulda known he wouldn’t be far behind her. Never is. What he said back a coupla years ago about if Nat goes somewhere, he goes too – he definitely meant that. "Mama, whatchu doing?" Look at that – if it didn’t mean I might not get another go-round with my hot, vinyl-boot-wearin’ wife, it’d be amusin’. The poor little guy’s all confused. "Where your top go?"

"Um, well……."

"Ah, there you are!" Great. Hank. Look – I don’t mind my own kids seein’ their mom naked, but a guy who didn’t come outta Marie’s womb is outta the question.

"Grrr….."

"Oh yes, ah, pardon me." That’s right. The floor is a lot more interestin’ than my wife’s bare back and her smooshed-to-my-chest rack. You just keep your eyes glued to it and offa Marie, bub. "I apologize for Sam and Nat getting away from me. Children – let us – let us go back outside. Your mother and father are, ah…."

"Havin’ a private conversation."

"Yes, having a private conversation. Let us go back outside, ah – now."

"But Uncle Hank won’t let me hunt and – "

"If he says no, Natasha, it’s no." Marie made that sound pretty convincin’, nakedness notwithstandin’. "You had pizza to eat for dinner."

"But it didn’t have meat! Dad always says we’re carnivores and we need meat!"

"Nat….."

"Mama, are you wearin’ boots for snow?" Oh God, my son is gonna make me bust a gut here. I just can’t laugh at him – I know it’ll confuse the hell outta him and hurt his feelin’s but damned if I can hold it in. And somewhere down the road, I gotta remember to teach him that ladies who wear boots like that don’t wanna make snowmen with ya.

"Um, no, Sam. Your Dad and I are, um, playing dress up." Oooh – good one, darlin’. ‘Course it’s technically more like ‘dress down’…..

"Can we play?"

"NO!" Heh – both of us said that at once.

"Sure we can!" Leave it to Nat not to hear a word that don’t mesh with what she wantsta do. "We can take our tops off too! Uncle Hank, take your top off. What are we dressing up as, Dad?"

"Now, Nat, I believe that you and Sam and I should go outside and permit your parents to continue their, ah, dress up game in private." Nice try, Hank, but I kinda think I’d better step in here.

"Nat – put your top on. Now. You guys head back out with Uncle Hank, and me and mom will call ya when it’s your turn to play too, all right?" And please, God, let Nat be all right with that and let’s bring this nightmare to an end. The night is young, after all, and I’m willin’ to bet they’ll fall asleep before Marie and me are done, uh, playin’. Heh.

"You promise you’ll come get us as soon as it’s our turn?"

"I promise, sweetie." Aw – Marie really means that. Unfortunately for me, that probably means just one more go-round. On the other hand, I love that she’s always so good with the kids, and so honest with ‘em. Even when it means losin’ out on some hot lovin’ with me. I know that’s gotta hurt her just as much as it does me – judgin’ by her scent, maybe a little bit more. Heh. "Now go on, we’ll be out in a little while." Whew – I think they’re actually goin’. Thank God ‘cause I don’t think I coulda dealt with bein’ this keyed up for Marie and not gettin’ to –

"Mama?" Sam – shit, he can probably sense that somethin’s not quite right here, that we’re not tellin’ him the whole story. At least Hank’s distracted Nat and gotten her out the door and inta the yard.

"Sam, go on, honey, it’s OK. I’ll be out in a little while." Nope, he ain’t buyin’ it – he’s comin’ over to Marie. "Sam, it’s OK."

"Mama……" Lookin’ up at her with those big brown eyes he got from her and the pointy head of hair he got from me.

"OK, Sam…." Givin’ me a look and checkin’ the door to make sure Hank’s outta seein’ range. She’s gonna let go of me and lean down and tell him the truth, I bet. "We’re not playing dress up. This is a special night for moms and dads, and me and your dad want to spend a little time hugging and kissing each other, just the two of us. We really love each other, but in kind of a different way than we love you, and sometimes we need to be alone to show each other that love. It’s OK. We’re not doing anything wrong or to be ashamed of, and it’s nothing you need to be worried about. We’ll come get you when we’re all done, and then we’ll give you and Nat lots of hugs and kisses."

He’s eyeballin’ her, and yep – here comes a little smile. "OK, mama." There we go. He’s off to the tent with Hank, just like that. You know, he’s a sharp one, my son. OK, that’s not workin’ in my favor today, but it’s a good thing in the long run.

"Whew." I hear ya, darlin’. "Did I handle that OK? I just didn’t think he’d feel OK until he could feel that we were on the level with him. He knew I wasn’t telling him the whole story."

"I know, darlin’. I think you handled it great. Sam – he depends on us to feel secure, and I know it’s real important with him." There’s my wife’s smile again. "But there’s another guy in the family too, ya know….." Just gonna give certain parts a squeeze to let her know I wanna pack in as much as we can before we head out to that tent and turn back inta ‘mom and dad’ insteada ‘cage fighter and runaway jailbait hottie.’ "You saw the version where we’re both on toppa the bar, right?"

"Oh yeah." Heh – ready to go again. I can smell it comin’ over her. C’mon, darlin’ – let’s give this another go. Without the rugrats, this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Permit me to apologize once more for being unable to keep them entertained." Hank – he’s a good guy, and truth be told I kinda don’t mind that they came inside. Sure, I’d have liked more than one more go-round with Marie, but I kinda did miss the kids. Christ, I’m turnin’ inta some kinda softie – here I am playin’ Candyland with the kids insteada havin’ sex with the hottest woman I’ve ever known and I’m actually *likin’* that. Well, maybe ‘like’ is too strong of a word – I’m not itchin’ to claw anythin’.

"It’s no problem, Hank. We know how hard it can be to keep them occupied, believe me. I think a whole night was kind of ambitious on our parts." Heh. Marie can’t keep that blush down. Aw, don’t worry honey, Hank’s a grown man, I’m sure he understands why you wanted the kids outta your hair all night. "You did a great job with them. We really appreciate it."

"You are quite welcome. And I confess – sleeping in my own warm bed tonight instead of outside in a tent in this February weather is not an unwelcome change of plans."

"Mom! I win! I win!" Gee, there’s a surprise – my daughter’s a natural born competitor. I don’t think she’s ever lost a game of any kind since we started playin’ ‘em with the kids. She’s never lost, even when we’re *not* tryin’ to let her win.

"Congratulations, honey. You played really well." Marie always rewards her with a big hug. Sometimes I think that’s part of why Nat tries so hard to win, but it’s not like she couldn’t get a hug from her mom anytime she wanted – you know, Nat’s kinda like me that way. She might wanna be more of a softie but somethin’ in her nature just won’t let her keep that side of herself front and center. "You played well too, Sam." I knew Marie wouldn’t leave him outta the huggin’.

"Thanks, Mama." Now Sam – he’s a different case from his sister altogether. Always touchin’ and huggin’ Marie and this game here – he was in the lead a coupla turns ago, but as soon as his sister’s mood changed he quit doin’ so well. Worries me that he’s holdin’ himself back to let someone else win, yet it makes me proud that he’s so on toppa takin’ care of his sister and perceptive enough to know she *needsta* win. Look, I know it’s just a kids’ game with candy canes and shit, but Sam, he’s gotta learn that sometimes people feel bad and that’s just tough shit. You can’t make everybody happy all the time, and you really shouldn’t try to do it at your own expense. Most people don’t even appreciate it when you go outta your way for ‘em, so screw them. And he needsta learn that Nat would benefit from losin’ a time or two. He’s makin’ her happier at the moment, but he ain’t doin’ her any favors in the long run. Yep, gotta work on that.

"Can we play dress up now?"

Oh Lord – I thought we got ‘em to forget about ‘dress up’ by distractin’ them with this game here. Shoulda known Nat wouldn’t forget. Marie’s lookin’ at me, but I don’t have a clue what to –


"I believe it is time for me to return to the lab." Whew – thank you, Hank. That almost makes up for peekin’ at my half-dressed wife. He’s gettin’ up to go, and that’ll buy us a few minutes at least. "Thank you for a very pleasant Valentine’s Day evening."

"Bye, Uncle Hank!" Now, Nat will go and hug him. For some reason, both of the kids feel real at ease with Hank. Glad for it – they need some family besides us, and, believe me it took me a long time to realize that that wasn’t a *bad* thing – and I think it makes Hank a little less lonely too. Marie’s been encouragin’ him to go ask that Halloween lady out, but he hasn’t worked up the nerve yet. You know – she oughta put Nat onta that. Nat’d nag the hell outta him – that little girl doesn’t know the meanin’ of the word quit.

"Bye." My son – a man of few words. He’s talkin’ more and more, though. I think he’ll catch up to his sister in a year or so – he’s doin’ real good.

"See ya, Hank – thanks for watchin’ the kids." No hugs between grown men – I’ll give him a handshake, though. There we go. "Take care."

"Goodbye, Hank!" Marie, wavin’ to him as he goes. "OK, kids – I think it’s bedtime for you guys." And playtime for us. I know she changed inta her flannel jammies, but Marie’s boots are stashed away right over there in the bedroom…….

"But mom!"

"No buts, Natasha – bedtime."

"What about dress up?" There Marie goes lookin’ at me like I’d have some kinda answer. Honey, I don’t have any better ideas than you do. Frankly, I didn’t even think of bedtime. You’re way ahead of me.

"Nat, we do dress up for bed, I think." Oh my Lord – Sam came up with that all on his own and look at him, givin’ Marie a knowin’ look. That kid is too savvy for his own damn good, I tell ya.


"Oooh! I’m sleeping with my top off! I’m sleeping with my top off!" And there it goes. That’s another thing the poor kid probably got from me – she just loves bein’ naked. "You too, Sam!"

"OK."

"Aren’t you guys gonna play too?" Um……..

"We’ll take our tops off when we get in bed. Now come on, you two, let’s go." My wife’s pretty damn savvy herself. "Dad and I will tuck you in."

"Yeah, and then we’re goin’ straight to bed ourselves." Just gonna give Marie a little wink in case she had any doubts ‘bout what we’ll be doin’ once we get there. She’s winkin’ back – yeah, those boots are gonna make another appearance tonight. Heh. "Now get goin’- it’s late. We’ll be in to tuck ya in in a second."

"OK, Dad!" There she goes, my little girl, half-naked and thrilled to play ‘dress up.’

"You know, Valentine’s Day doesn’t technically end until midnight, which isn’t for…..oh, another hour and a half."

"I’m well aware of that, darlin’. You’re gonna put the boots back on, right?" Just makin’ sure.

"You really like those, hmmm?"

"Like ain’t the word for it, baby."

"I kind of like them too." Glad to hear it. "They make me feel sexy." Ya know, if she keeps lookin’ at me like that and purrin’ at me like that, those kids’re gonna hafta tuck themselves in.

"They make you look sexy." Let’s see if she wantsta play a little or go take care of the kids first.

"Better than flannel jammies?"

"Uh-huh. ‘Course, you’d look good in a burlap sack." Hell, there’s plenty of fantasies in my head where she’s just wearin’ regular clothes. Maybe not flannel jammies – but I’ve had several starring Marie and one of my flannel shirts, all unbuttoned, barely coverin’ her and –

"You’re sweet, do you know that?"

"That’s just ‘cause I love you. You know, in addition to wantin’ to screw your brains out." Heh. That made her eyes flare and her scent go crazy.

"I love you too. Come on, let’s hurry up and tuck the kids in." Heh – draggin’ me by the hand. Yeah, this is a damn good Valentine’s Day, peepin’ toddlers and interruptions notwithstandin’.



 

Back To The Index   Back To The Archives