Out of the Cave


Title: Out of the Cave
Author: Terri
E-mail: xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: I don't own them.  Poo.
Archive: WRFA, Mutual Admiration, Peep Hut - all others, please ask :)
Feedback: Please? With a cherry on top?  Good, bad, and ugly welcome.........
Summary: CavemanLogan has a few, erm, interesting attitudes about women, but Marie starts to drag him out of the cave a little.
Comments: This is in response to a plot bunny, but I can't remember who flung it - if it was you, please step forward and claim your prize!  (Which is, um, basically credit when it's posted at the website.  Sorry.  Cash poor at the moment.)  The bunny asked for a chauvanist Logan that gets turned around by Marie.  He's not all the way out of the cave in this one, but he's getting there ;)  Muchas gracias to Keli, who has returned to betaing duty :)

----------------------------------------------------


Most women - all women, I usedta think - are the same.  Same general parts, same general mentality, most of 'em want the same things.  Even Jeannie, my fantasy come to life to be sure - even she was pretty much like all the rest of 'em at bottom.  A little better lookin', had a great body, smarter than most, but more alike than different from the rest of 'em. 

She and I got together pretty much as soon as I came back.  She was still engaged to Scooter and puttin' off the weddin'.  I still got hard as hell every time I saw, heard, or smelled her, and I went after her pretty seriously.  When I want somethin', I go get it, that's just how I am.  So after a few nights of sneakin' around, she left Scooter and got her own room. 

That was a little different - I woulda thought that she'd have wanted to move in with me, women are usually like that.  But I think it was her way of thumbin' her nose at her friends and the students who thought she was the type that always needed a man.  It was her way of sayin' she was a modern, independent woman and all.  And it was also her way of sayin' she was the one who had the upper hand in our relationship - she was gonna decide how that went. 

All of which was fine by me.  I learned a long time ago that life goes a lot easier if you let women think what they want and do what they want as long as it don't interfere in what you want, and this didn't.  I liked havin' my own space, and there was somethin' good and naughty 'bout goin' over to her room and fuckin' the hell outta her. Plus, there was Marie.

And there's where it gets complicated - Marie.  I knew she had a crush on me, Jeannie'd said so, and I didn't wanna have her feel bad 'bout me gettin' together with Jeannie.  She handled it real well, though.  Surprised me a little, but I was glad.  It meant we could still stay close.  Marie eventually started datin' some of the little boys in school with her and finally settled on the Cajun one.  I wasn't too fond of him, but he seemed to care 'bout Marie a lot, so I didn't claw him.

Everythin' was goin' along good until Scooter hooked up with 'Ro.  For some reason, that made Jeannie pissed, and that kinda insulted me.  She was supposedta be my woman now, not Scooter's so what the hell should she care if he's puttin' it to 'Ro?  Jeannie left him 'cause she had a better deal with me, and she should be happy with that. 

But after I thought 'bout it some, I realized I shoulda seen that comin' - women, they don't like to let the old one go, even when they got a new one on the hook.  So I calmed down, and eventually Jeannie got over it.  Or so I thought.  Pretty soon after that, she started talkin' 'bout how she wanted to get married, and how her biological clock was runnin' out and whatever.  Now, she shoulda known I wasn't the marryin', settlin' down kinda guy.  In fact, I told her explicitly that I'm not that guy.  I liked it how it was - separate rooms, sex when I wanna, and goin' out and doin' somethin' together every now and then.  That's really all I wanted outta any woman, even my fantasy woman.  In exchange, I'm faithful, I protect 'em, I take care of what they need, and I give 'em a good, hard roll in the hay.  I think that's a fair trade. 

And I thought Jeannie'd come to that conclusion too.  I really did.  I shoulda caught on to the fact that everythin' in my life was goin' just too damn good.  Me and Marie were gettin' along great - she came over some nights to let me take care of her after nightmares and we went to games and stuff together - me and Jeannie were goin' along OK and no evil mutants were tryin' to attack any of us.  Like I said - too damn good.  I really shouldnta been surprised when Marie and I came back a little early from the hockey game and heard moanin' from Jeannie's room.  And I really shouldnta let Marie come with me to find out what was goin' on in there, but I wasn't thinkin' clearly enough to put it together, to realize who was in there with Jeannie.  I thought Marie'd help calm me down, you know, keep me from killin' Jeannie and whoever it was.  When I clawed the deadbolt lock and ripped open the door to see Marie's boyfriend humpin' the shit outta Jeannie, I lost it.  Totally lost it.   And Marie was too shocked by seein' that to stop me until after I'd broken the asshole's nose and mosta his ribs.  I couldn't help it, I was pissed.  I just kept yellin', "How the hell could you do that to Marie?"

Marie and me ended up headin' back to her room together.  I didn't mean to get with Marie that night.  I just wanted to comfort her, you know?  And I think she just wanted to comfort me too. I mean, we were close and that's what you do for people you care about.  I don't remember who touched who first or exactly how it happened, but by the end of the night, I was makin' love to her, with her in black tights and me with my long-sleeved shirt still on.  After we were done, we fell asleep together, and I felt OK about it, really OK.  It's not like I never noticed Marie was gorgeous, I did.  But I was always worried makin' a move would ruin how close we were or would be takin' advantage of the crush she usedta have on me.  But afterward, it didn't feel like that.  It felt OK.

When I woke up in the mornin', I was a little nervous, though.  I mean, I'm not oblivious, I knew that Marie'd probably wanna do one of two things - either she'd wanna say it was a mistake and she kinda didn't mean for our relationship to go that way or she'd wanna have a big relationship thing now.  Like I said, most women are all the same, and I know a lot 'bout 'em.  But that first mornin', I found out that Marie was a little different.

First off, when she woke up, she just looked at me and smiled.  Didn't say a word.  She's got a real soft smile, real gentle, real warm.  After a coupla minutes, she whispered that she hadta go to the bathroom and she untangled herself from me.  No big discussion, no sayin' we shouldnta.  I was still kinda at a loss when I heard her flush the toilet and come out.  She just stood in the doorway for a second with that same soft smile on her face.  I don't mind tellin' ya, she looked good.  I mean, seriously good.  She had the tights on, but she was still topless, and all her long brown hair was fallin' down around her shoulders, with the white streaks framin' her face real nice.  I remember thinkin' that she looked just like some kinda exotic goddess right then. 

I musta had a weird look on my face because her smile got bigger and she laughed a little and bounced onta the foot of the bed.  I didn't know what she was up to, but I was sure enjoyin' the view.  She fished one of her gloved hands underneath the covers and grabbed out my foot.  She didn't say a word but started rubbin' my foot, givin' me a foot massage.  I don't think anyone had ever tried that with me before.  I've had lotsa women try lotsa things to make me happy in a bed, but never a foot massage. 

It felt real nice and by the time she was on the other foot, I was so relaxed, I was almost asleep again.  I musta been goin' in and out 'cause she climbed inta bed with me without me even noticin'.  I woke up a little and asked her what she'd like.  I mean, I'm not an asshole - here she is, bein' all nice and smilin' the whole time, I'm gonna be nice back.  I'm gonna try to give her what she wants a little.  She just snuggled in tight to me and asked me to hold her a little.  I did.  We both ended up goin' back to sleep.

I dunno what I musta been dreamin' 'bout, but I woke up horny as hell and smellin' me and Marie all over the bed.  I know it sounds bad, but I woke her up and told her I wanted to make love some more.  She gave one of those real nice smiles and nodded.  The second time we did it, it struck me that Marie was different in bed too.  Most women - hell, all of the women I've been with - they like to fuck.  And I mean fuckin', not any of this makin' love shit.  Sure, they like to be kissed and held and whatever, but what they really want outta me is a nice, hard go at it.  Marie - no.  She's the first woman I can ever remember bein' gentle with me in bed - soft caresses on my face, my neck, my back.  Plus, she's the first woman I can ever remember bein' with that wasn't at all fake.  Every little sigh, moan, every reaction came right outta the center of her, with no affectation.  I don't think it was that she didn't wanna make me think I was doin' a good job, it was just that she didn't think she needed to play act or put on a show at all to make me feel that.  She was right. 

I made her come for me a coupla times over before it was all done, so I felt like I was holdin' up my end of the bargain there.  But just to be sure, I asked her if she wanted anythin' else, and she said to hold her again.  So I did.  We stayed awake this time, and the whole time, she was touchin' me - small, little touches, soft touches, but it made me feel warm, and good.  I started doin' it back to her and kissin' her on the head a little.  I could smell that she liked it, so I kept it up.  I waited until she was breathin' hard and moanin' a little until I asked her what she wanted again.  I mean, I figured she was just bein' shy or somethin'.  Marie's not the kinda girl to bust out with a request for oral sex or somethin' like that, and I thought if I got her goin' a little, maybe she'd feel easier comin' out and askin' for what she wanted. 

And that time she did say somethin' different - she asked me to kiss her, usin' the scarf I'd used before on her breasts.    Well, lemme tell ya, I felt my heart seize at that.  I felt like such an asshole.  Here she is, layin' in bed with me, lookin' up at me with those big brown eyes, wavy hair spillin' all around her, and she hasta ask me to kiss her.  I coulda kicked myself for not doin' that before now.  I said I was sorry and I kept thinkin' - way to go, Logan, way to make her feel like a hooker or somethin'.  She just said it was OK and smiled and kept touchin' me. 

So I kissed her.  I kissed her all over, with the scarf, and covered every stretch of Marie from forehead to belly button.  She still had the tights on, so I could lose the scarf when I went lower than that.  I made very sure she was repeatedly satisfied and told myself to remember to kiss her from now on.  At the time, I didn't think 'bout why I assumed that there'd be a lot more times with Marie. 

We stayed in bed, locked in the room, for three whole days.  We didn't talk a lot, but we had sex a lot.  And every single time, it was like nothing I'd ever done before.  That's sayin' somethin'.  I mean, it's not like we did any particular act I hadn't done before, it was the way Marie did 'em that was different.  For example - I've had a lotta women go down on me.  I like it, and I asked Marie to do it.  I kinda figured she'd done some sex stuff with her little boyfriend, but I wasn't sure she'd done this, so I asked insteada just, you know, guidin' her head in that direction. 

Well, she took her time gettin' to it.  She kissed my chest and stomach over the shirt and her hands were all over me.  Felt good, real good, but I was anxious.  She did finally reach down for me and give gentle, warm little kisses all over me.  That was new.  I don't think anyone actually kissed it before.  I was really likin' that.  Then she started giving little licks along with the kisses and I *really* liked that.  I tangled my hands all in her hair but I wasn't pushin' her head or nothin'.  She was makin' me damn happy the way she was goin' and I didn't wanna interfere. 

She eventually took the tip - just the tip - in her mouth and started sucking a little.  Slow, but strong.  That was gettin' to me real good.  I'm pretty sure I was moanin' loud enough for the whole mansion to hear.  It wasn't long before I lost it, and she was surprised that I let go that quickly, I think, but she didn't say nothin', just curled up next to me and asked me if that was OK.  I told her it was and grabbed the scarf and started kissin' her.  It was almost like I couldn't help it, couldn't stop myself.  I musta kissed her for an hour or so, and then we had some more sex.  It was always different, every time, always gentle and slow but somehow still hot and really, really satisfying. 

At the end of those three days, I knew I wanted to be with Marie.  I knew she wanted to be with me too, a lot, and I knew it wasn't just bein' on the rebound from what happened and it wasn't just the sex.  It was love.  She really, really loved me.  It wasn't a crush at all.  It was real, deep, true love.  It's not like she said the words, but it seeped outta every pore on her, it was in every touch, every look, every smile she gave me.  I knew that was a big thing and I knew it was different, very different than anything I'd ever had before. 

I wasn't sure, exactly, if I loved her, but not 'cause I didn't feel things.  I just didn't really know what love was.  I felt all the stuff people talk about - wantin' her close, wantin' to have sex with her, wantin' to be with her all the time and really, really carin' 'bout her feelings and stuff - but I wasn't sure.  So at the end of three days, I didn't tell her I loved her.  I told her I was through with Jeannie and that we - Marie and me - should be together now.  I told her I thought she should break up with Remy and move in with me. 

Marie - she did somethin' different than I expected then, too.  She gave me this sad little smile and said that she loved bein' with me and was glad we could be together for a little while.  I wasn't gettin' where she was goin' with that at first, but then she said that she knew Jean was the love of my life and that she'd understand if I wanted to patch things back up with her.  In fact, Marie said she thought I *should* try fixin' things with Jean.  I thought maybe I'd read her wrong, maybe she wasn't in love with me, maybe she wanted Remy back.  But she said no - she said she had to talk with him, but that it was over between them.  I tried to make her understand that it was over between Jeannie and me too, but I don't think Marie really believed me.  She said OK to movin' in and all that, to it bein' me and her from now on, but I could still smell the sadness on her.  She was still expectin' me to go back to Jeannie. 

We got up, got dressed, and went down to dinner.  I had a talk with Jeannie after, and Marie talked to the Cajun.  I wanted to just get it over with with Jeannie, so it was a pretty short talk.  I said that I didn't appreciate her goin' behind my back and cheatin' and that she could spread her legs for whoever she damn well pleased now, 'cause I didn't want her any more.  Yeah, it was a little mean, but on the other hand, it ain't as mean as fuckin' someone else behind her back. 

I caught the end of Marie's conversation with Remy.  I'll admit I shouldnta eavesdropped like that, but I juts hadta know for sure if Marie still felt somethin' for him.  I was sure she loved me, but Marie - she's got a big heart.  She could love more than one person at a time, and I didn't wanna share.  If she still felt for him, I was gonna hafta find a way to change that and make her all mine, just mine.  But what I heard her say was that she forgave him but couldn't ever be with him again.  She said even if she woulda known how it was all gonna turn out, she still woulda got with him, still woulda loved him, 'cause it was worth it, but now that was all over.  She said she understood him wantin' to be with someone normal, someone he didn't hafta be afraid of, someone he could touch.  That right there made me growl and for a second I thought they mighta heard me, but Marie went right on, sayin' that he deserved to be happy and all. He didn't have too much to say - I think he was even cryin' a little.  I think he probably really loved Marie, but he was young, and a pansy ass besides.  He probably was a little scared of her, of bein' with her.  Give him some time, and he'll learn - there's nothin' good or worth havin' that don't come with a little danger, a little risk.  I'm just glad he hasn't figured that one out yet. 

Marie came back to the room after that and cried a little.  I hugged her right away and I thought that was what she needed.  She asked if it was hard to talk with Jean and how I felt about it.  She was still waitin' for me to tell her I wanted to go back with Jeannie.  I told her I didn't wanna talk about all that, I just wanted us to be together and to not worry 'bout Jeannie or Remy any more.  She said OK and that's where it is now.  We've been together almost three months, and she still surprises me, still acts different than any woman I've ever known.  And maybe that's it - maybe that's why she's so different - she's not any woman, she's my Marie. 

"Hey."

"Hey, darlin'.  How'd your shoppin' trip go?"

"Oh, I didn't find anything I liked."  Definitely different.  "It was kind of boring.  I should've stayed home with you to watch the game."  Heh.  That's not just different, that's - that's downright unusual.  "Miss me?"

"Yeah.  C'mere."  Havin' her in bed with me - always a good thing.  "You know, you're a little weird.  You're not like other women."

"Oh, really?"

"Uh-huh.  That's why I love ya."  Thought I'd just sneak that one in, you know, subtly.  Now, normally, a woman would notice that and say I love you too and then mentally start pickin' out the china patterns and namin' the babies.  Let's see what Marie does here.

"It feels really good to hear you say that."  Climbin' inta my lap.  That's promisin'.  "I love you too, Logan.  Always have, always will.  No matter what." 

"I ain't goin' back to Jeannie.  I love you."  I wish I knew what to do to make her believe that.  But she's probably just always gonna have a sore spot there.  Can't really blame her, what with me goin' for Jeannie and then her boyfriend cheatin' on her with Jeannie. 

"It's OK if you change your mind about that."  Only Marie - only Marie could say somethin' like that with such a lovin' look on her face.  She means it too, she really means it.

"Nah.  Not gonna change my mind.  I know when I got a good thing, darlin'."  And I know when I've got somethin' that's the best thing I ever had.  Just gotta work on makin' Marie feel that, makin' her feel secure.  Not my specialty, not by a long shot, but then again, if she can be different, maybe I can too.  "Come on, lemme show ya."  Yeah, I'm on the right track.  Look at that smile.  Best smile ever.  One of a kind.

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives