Spa Wolvie, or, Presents Large and Small


Title:  Spa Wolvie, or, and Presents, Large and Small
Author:  Terri
E-mail:  xgrrl26@yahoo.com
Rating:  PG-13
Disclaimer:  Nobody's mine.
Archive:  Ask, and I will gladly supply
Feedback:  Always appreciated, good, bad, or ugly :)
Category:  Oh, foofy, definitely foofy.
Summary:  Logan does a pretty good imitation of the perfect boyfriend, just in time for Rogue's nineteenth birthday.
Comments:  This started due to a "spa day" that I'm planning for me and a friend who's coming out to visit.  I'm also in the midst of planning a birthday party for a friend, so that was floating around in my head too.  As originally written, this had an evil Jean, but my brbf (beta-reading best friend) said - "I wonder what reaction Jubes and Kitty would have to Logan suddenly moving in with and kinda monopolizing Marie."  Hence, bye-bye evil Jean, and this went in a little different direction.  Not that we have an evil Jubes or Kitty, just ones that aren't as totally wild about Logan/Rogue as we usually write them.  And the title - see what happens when I can't steal from Sorciere?  I can't even pick one.

--------------------------------------------------------------



Marie's got a bug up her butt about somethin'.  I can tell.  She's been stompin' around our room all mornin', just poutin', bein' all cranky.  That's not like her.  Usually, she's pretty happy, pretty perky, and she should be especially perky today 'cause it's her birthday tomorrow.  Nineteen.  The big one-nine.  Last year as a teenager.   Maybe I should ask her what's the problem, 'cause I want her to have a happy birthday.  I mean, I want her to have a happy day every day, but especially on birthdays.

"Hey, kid, what's up your butt?"

"Nothing."

"Nuh-uh."  No way she's gettin' away with that.  She laid down the law to me a couple weeks ago - no hidin' things when somethin's wrong.  She's gotta play by the same rules I do.  "Talk."

"It's nothing, it's stupid, really.  I'm just a little upset because the girls went to the spa and I can't go."  Eechh.  'The girls' - Jubilee and Kitty - Marie likes 'em, so I try to tolerate 'em. But damn if they aren't irritatin'.  And they usually try to drag Marie every-fuckin'-where they go, so I'm surprised she's *not* at the spa with 'em. 

"Why couldn't you go?"

"My skin.  They're afraid of touching it during a manicure or pedicure or something.  I mean, I understand, I do, but I'd like to get a manicure too."  It's times like this that I remember how much havin' her mutation can put a dent in the life of a normal teenage girl.  Not that she's normal - in a lotta ways, that's good, but in some ways it's not-so-good.  But deep down, she *wants* to be normal, like everyone.

"Well, I could do that, right?"  I mean, it's just paintin' her nails or somethin' and, OK, that's not especially, uh, masculine, but I can *do* it.  It's within my abilities.

"You'd do that for me?"  She looks completely shocked.  Like, rock-my-whole-world shocked.  Wonder why.  She can't really think I'd be scared of her skin.  I mean, we live together.  I'm up close and personal with her naked skin a lot.  Heh.  That's the way I like it.

"Sure.  I don't really know how, but I bet you could show me - whatever the girls are gettin' at the spa - hands, feet, whatever - you tell me and I'll do it.  It'll be a birthday present from me to you.  Whaddya say?"  I got her a present already - but you can never go wrong with more presents, even I know that.

"Really?"  Now there's a smile creepin' on to her face.  Yeah, she's pretty happy with this.

"Really.  What were ya gonna have done?"

"Well..I don't know if you'd want to do some of it, but a manicure, a pedicure, a massage, and I was going to get a haircut, but."

"Done."  I actually kinda like the idea of cuttin' her hair - somethin' appealin' about that to me, definitely.  And the massage part - well, that's a present for me, really.




"Use that thingy to scrape off the calluses.  It's kind of gross - are you sure you want to do this?"

"I like your feet."  And I liked doin' the hand thing - payin' attention to each little finger, filin' the nails and paintin' 'em.  Didn't really do a good job of the cuticle stuff - who can work with those little-ass tools anyhow? - but I don't think she minded. 

"OK."  She ran some water in the tub and said she had to soak her feet for a while first.  She's got cute feet.  They're kinda big, for a girl, but her toes are all tiny and girlie.  "A few more minutes.  What color are these going to be?"

"Hmmm."  She let me pick the nail colors since I was doin' the paintin'.  I think she knows I've got a thing for that blood red color.  I did the nails in that.  Probably should do the toes that way too, but I like that dark green on her, and only I'll know that her fingers and toes don't match.  "The green one."

"Sounds good."  She's havin' so damn much fun with this.  Smiled the whole time I did her hands.  Giggled a little when I painted outside the nail and got her skin.  Didn't complain when I filed her one nail uneven.  I'm glad I could give this to her.  She's really, really likin' it.  "Feet are ready."

I decided on latex gloves for this stuff.  Gonna make grabbin' that foot slippery, but I think I got it.  I don't usually like the feel of plasticy stuff on me, and neither does she, but there're some things they come in handy for.  I think I'll switch to leather for the massage part of this, though.  Hmm.  She does have some calluses on her heel.  "How's that?  Too rough?"  'Cause the thingy she gave me to use feels like sandpaper and I'm rubbin' at 'em pretty good.

"No, fine.  You're the best guy ever, you know that?"

"Yeah.  At least that's what you tell me, darlin'."  And she does.  Usually at least once a day.  A guy could really get used to that kinda affection.  "Other foot."

"What are you going to cut my hair like?"  She said I could choose for that too, which surprised me.  I mean, nail paint, that's one thing, that comes off.  But hair, she'll have to live with what I pick for a while.  Only thing she said was not to dye it - said she wants to keep the white streaks.

I thought about cuttin' it short.  I thought she'd look damn cute like that, and it'd be less hassle for her to keep it up.  But then I got to thinkin' - maybe there's a reason she's had it long for a while, maybe that's what she likes.  And I like long hair on her - I especially like how it feels on my skin - so maybe not too short.  "Still thinkin' on that one.  Towel?"

"Here."  Time to dry the feet and do the feet nails.  I like her toes.  Heh.  I'm really enjoyin' this - anythin' that makes her look this happy and relaxed is fine by me.  Plus, now that I know how to use the little tools, the feet'll be no problem.

KNOCKKNOCK

Now, who the hell could be interruptin' my night of Marie beautification?  And which claw should I use to slice a chunk of 'em off with?  "What?"

"Uh, is Rogue in there?"  Shit, it's one of her little friends.  Jubilee, I think.

"Yeah, but she's busy, go away."  They don't like me, I don't like them.  And I'm deeply, deeply fine with that.

"Come on, dude, I wanna show her my new 'do."

"Go.  Away."  There was this one time they came knockin' on the door, just when I'd gotten Marie all naked and laid out nice and comfy on our bed.  I almost killed 'em that time.  Seriously.  Don't come near me when I'm takin' care of my woman.

"It's OK, Jubes, come on in.  We're in the bathroom." Shit, hafta remember that Marie likes her a lot, though. "Logan"  That's Marie's pleadin' voice.  Well, fine, but I hope that my eye-roll adequately conveys my unhappiness with the situation.  "Oh, come on, just for a second."  Grrr.

"Hey, chica, what's - oh!  Holy hell, dude, are you painting her toenails?"

"Yeah."  I mean, what does it look like?  I've got the nail paint sittin' right here on the tub and I'm almost done filin' one foot.

"Dude, that'sthat's love, man."

"Isn't it nice?  I couldn't go to the spa, so Logan offered to do it for me."  Aw.  She's lookin' at me all soft and niceI like that.

"Whoa, girl.  That's deep.  Man, I don't even think Mr. Summers would do something like that for Dr. Grey.  That's *real* deep."  Heh.  I'm better than Scooter, I'm better than Scooter.. 

"Enough about me.  Look at your hair!  It's so short!  How neat!" 

"Do you like it? I was seriously freaked when I first saw it, but it's growing on me."  I honestly couldn't tell the difference between now and before if my life depended on it.

"It's you, definitely." 

"Thanks, babe!"  Enough hair talk, OK?  Leave now.  I gotta say somethin', I do, or she'll just keep talkin'.

"Yeah, yeah.  Good hair.  Bye."  I hope that wasn't completely outta line.  'Cause that would piss Marie off.

"Logan!"  OK, maybe it was outta line, but I've exceeded my Jubilee tolerance.  By a lot.

"Fine, dude, soooo sorry to interrupt your foot fetish.  Later, chica."  Ya know, she's got a pretty impressive eye-roll herself.  Whatever.  Don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

"Logan, that was mean.  Can't you try to be a little nicer to them?"

"Baby, I just don't like havin' interruptions when we're doin' stuff together.  I'm nice most of the time."  I think she learned how to raise that one eyebrow from me.  "All right, some of the time.  Come on, let's finish up here.  I wanna get to that massage part."

"OK"  She's still miffed but that little half-smile tells me not too much.  She must *really* like this spa stuff.  Heh.  That information could come in handy, you know, just in case I happen to make her miffed again in the future.




"Mmmmm."  I don't really wanna finish the massage here.  I've covered every square inch of her (and I *do* mean that literally), but I could do it all over again.  She was so good to watch durin' this whole thing - went from just plain relaxed to practically purrin' like a cat, totally limp.  Smile on her face the entire time.

"How ya feelin'?"  I did her hair - just meant to cut a little off, but couldn't quite get it even for a while.  It's shorter than it was, noticeably, but still kinda down to her shoulders.  She looks cute, I think.  She said she liked it. 

"Good.  Really, really good."  God, even her words are comin' out slow and syrupy.  That southern accent sounds damn good that way.  "Thanks."

"Happy Birthday, baby."  OK, all right, I guess the massage is over.  Hmph. 

"But it's not my birthday yet.."  She's rollin' over to look at me layin' down beside her.  Looks like she hadta muster up a lotta effort for that.  "It's not fornine more hours, technically."

"Well, I'll give you your other present then."  I'll be the first to admit I can't really keep my hands off her normally.  When she's naked, in bed next to me, there's absolutely zero chance of it. 

"You got me another present?"

"Well, yeah."

"Hmmm..maybe I should give you a present"  She's flirtin'.  Sometimes I think we did this too much, too fast, movin' in together.  We spent exactly two nights apart when I first got back.  And she is just eighteen.  But times like this make me think we're OK, the timing's OK. 

"Just havin' you around is a pretty good present."  That's true.  There're a lotta benefits of livin' with Marie. Smells top the list for me - all kindsa nice smells goin' on there.  Sleepy-smell, shower-smell, even sweaty-smell is pretty good comin' from her.  And then there's gettin' to look at her doin' all kindsa stuff, some of it naked.  Bein' with her, of course, just talkin' and hangin' out, watchin' TV together.  If there's anythin' that gives the smell-factor a run for its money, though, it's sleepin' with her.  And I mean sleepin', not sex.  We don't necessarily hafta be livin' together to do that.  But sleepin' with her - at first it's weird to have another person in bed if you're usedta sleepin' alone.  And with us - my claws, her skin - there's plenty of reason to be nervous.  On top of that, she's a cuddler.  Presses as much of her body as humanly possible up against mine, head to toe.  All of that should make for some uncomfortable conditions, but it never has.  It's just been good, for both of us. 

"Come on, there must be something I can do.."  Runnin' her hand over my chest.  Gotta say, that's not makin' for a lotta rational thought.  It's makin' her givin' me a present sound pretty good.

"Come here, darlin'.  I got somethin' in mind."



"No!"

"I swear, honest!"

Oh, that can't be good.  Jubilee and Jean.  Two of the biggest meddlers in the whole mansion gossipin' in the kitchen.  Shit.  Guess gettin' a beer'll hafta wait 'cause I sure don't want any part of this.  I'll just -

"Logan?  Logan was giving her a pedicure?"  What's wrong with that?

"Yes, I swear, Dr. Grey.  She totally had her feet in the tub, and he was even using the pumice stone to work on her calluses."  I don't find that funny at all.  "He must have some kinda foot fetish, God."  Hey!  I'm not some kinda weirdo.  I just like her feet.  What's weird about that? 

"I have to admit, it *is* kind of sweet.  And sexy.  I wonder if I could get Scott to do that."  See?  Women like it.  Ha.  I know what women like, and I give it to 'em.  Nothin' weird about that at all.

"Uh, Dr. Grey?  There's no way.  'Cause it's too girlie.  Mr. Summers would never do it."  Girlie?!  Girlie?!  Hey, nobody told me it was girlie!  It's - it's not!  Jean just said it was sexy!

"Oh, you're probably right, Jubilee.  He'll balk.  But I have to say, it's nice that Logan's so secure in his masculinity that doing those kind of things doesn't bother him."  That's more like it - secure in my manliness.  That's me, uh-huh.  I've got a lot of manliness to be secure in.  A lot more than Scooter, anyway.

"He probably did it just to get some hot Rogue-lovin'."

"Jubilee!"

"What?  It's true!  I mean, you're right, it is kinda romantic, and he's just so very NOT a romantic kinda guy.  He's the Wolverine.  They're like, little vicious weasel creatures, they're not romantic.  And you remember what he was like when he first came back, all stalking Rogue everywhere she went.  Even now, he doesn't like us to hang.  He wants to keep her all to himself.  That's possessive, not romantic, and I'd bet good money that the pedicure thing was a way to get in good with her and get a little wubba-wubba back."

"Jubilee, I'm sure Logan has a softer side.  That's not nice."  Hell no, and it's not true.  It's not.  How the hell did they wind up with that impression of me? "And Jubilee - wubba-wubba?"

"You know, wubba-wubba, bumping uglies, doin' the horizontal mambo, making the double-backed beast, doin' it like they do on the discovery channel, bending your ankles behind your ears, for you - taming the Scott-snake, having - "

"Jubilee!" You know, Marie never talks about sex like that.  She's always all embarrassed or shy or serious about it.  She usually calls it "making love" or "being together."  I think I kinda like that better, even though some of those were funny.  Scott-snake.  Heh.  That's gotta be one tiny animal.  Microscopic, even.

"Oh, Dr. Grey, we all know you do it, you're engaged, you live together."

"Still!"  Jeannie oughta loosen up, the kid's just jokin'. 

"Oh, fine, sorry, Dr. Grey."  I'd better head back up.  The interestin' conversation's probably over anyhow.  And I got a lotta things to think about here.





"Happy birthday, darlin'."  Today is the big day.  I have a plan.  This is part one of the plan.  Wake Marie up nice after lettin' her sleep in a little, say happy birthday.  It's not a real complicated plan.

"Hey.  Thanks.  What - what time is it?"  God, she looks so hot right now.  Hair all messed up, still a little sleepy.  But that's not in the plan.

"It's nine.  And you gotta get up.  Mall opens at ten, and you're goin' with Jubilee and Kitty."  Scared the hell outta them when I showed up at their door early this mornin'.  Marie'd said somethin' about them wantin' to take her out shoppin' on her birthday, but I bitched and moaned 'cause I wanted her for the whole day.  Well, gonna rectify that now.

"Huh?"

"You.  Shoppin'.  With the terrible twosome."

" But I thought - "

"Changed my mind.  Look, kid - "  Sometimes I still call her that - usually when I'm tryin' to get her to do somethin'.  I don't mean it in a bad way, but it just comes out.  I think Marie understands.  " - I got a plan.  A birthday plan.  You go shoppin' with the terrible twosome.  Be back in time for dinner.  I'll give you your present then.  Deal?"

"Are you taking me out to dinner?"

"Nah.  We've having dinner in."  Pizza and beer.  No, not romantic, but they're her favorites.  And I *did* want some time for just us.

"OK.  Are you - are you feeling all right?"  She's a little thrown off.  Well, no worries, she'll like the birthday plan, I'm pretty sure.

"Yeah, honey.  Just go on, get ready.  Shoppin's waitin'."




"Logan?  I'm back.  I'm sorry we went a little late, but - oh!"

"Hey, darlin'."  That's exactly the reaction I was goin' for.  She didn't expect candles all over and a little pizza picnic on the bed. 

"Oh, Logan..it's beautiful.  Where - where on earth did you get all these magnolias?"  Knew she'd like that touch.  She's got everythin' magnolia - shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion..

"I have my ways.  You like it?"

"It's just beautiful."  Now that's *not* the reaction I wanted - she's startin' to tear up pretty good. 

"Come on, darlin', don't be upset."

"I'm not upset, I just - it's - it's so beautiful.  I can't - I can't believe you did this for me.  I never do anything this good for you."  She is cryin' now.  Shit. 

"You do stuff this good all the time, darlin'.  Come on, it's your birthday.  I got a real nice present for ya.  Don't cry, baby."  Went a little over the top here, tryin' to make up for what that kid said about me last night.  Shoulda known it'd make her feel a little overwhelmed. 

"OK."  That's better.  She's pullin' herself together now.  "You mentioned something about a present?"  Teasin' - always a good sign.

"Yeah, I did.  Here - here ya go."  Hope she likes it.  I think she will.  And I didn't get it for me, honest.  I really, really got it for her.  I caught her lookin' at it once, window shoppin'.  She said it reminded her of somethin' in a fairy tale - heh, beauty and the beast fits us pretty good, and she did say wearin' that must make ya feel beautiful. 

"Oh my God, you remembered this?  That was months ago."

"Yeah.  It made an impression."

"But - but it was so expensive, and it's not really practical.  I mean, this isn't something you'd wear every night or - "

"I wanted you to have it.  I wanted to see you in it.  You're worth it."  I could stand to see her in it every night - it's frilly and long and covers more of her than I usually like, but there's somethin' about a fancy, lacy, sheer white nightie that really, really appeals to me.  And it's classy, not trashy.  Perfect for her.

"Thank you.  Thank you a lot.  I - I - I'm stammering like an idiot, I know, but thank you.  I really love it.  And I love you."  Love you too, baby.  Can't quite say it out loud, not yet, but I stopped tryin' to hide it from myself.  I'm gettin' to kinda like it, actually.

"So, it was a good birthday?"

"Oh yes, best one so far, no question."  She's smilin' so nice right now.  Wonder if she'll get the urge to try my present on anytime soon.  'Cause that'd - "Logan?"

"Yeah?"  She's got a serious look in her eye, like she sometimes does before she has to break bad news, or before she tries to say somethin' really hard for her.  I wonder what -

"I never thought in all my life, even before my mutation, that I'd ever have anything this good.  You - you gave that to me, and that's the best present ever." 

Shit, that's - that's gonna make me do somethin' damn unmanly, maybe even tear up a little.  Better not try to say anythin'.  But that's exactly what's in me too, and I gotta let her know that a little.  Just a little.  "Same here, darlin'.  Same here."

 
Back To The Index   Back To The Archives